“delicious”

Ranked #19 of 4,786 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rosario's Mexican Cafe y Cantina serves up traditional South-of-the Border specialties in a contemporary setting. It has consistently been voted Best Mexican Restaurant in San Antonio by local food critics. Come see us soon!
Reviewed March 13, 2014

my hubby & i met up with another couple who were stopping thru town.
we asked for recommendations and were told Rosario's is a must-do-eat-see place.
the off-street parking was ample despite Spring Break weekend. the wait was short (15 minutes). we arrived mid afternoon on a Sunday. the chips and salsa were yummy. i especially liked the unique salsa. everything was very good and we cleaned our plates (unusual). portions were good (not unnecessarily big or too small). service was good. we would happily return on our next trip to SA.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,177)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Rosario's does not disappoint. The food is good; it is reasonably priced, and the atmosphere is pleasant. If you are staying in the King William District, you can enjoy a pleasant walk to Rosario's. If not, parking is available.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We made the walk to Rosario's on a Friday night. There was a live band and lively atmosphere. We had to wait 30 minutes which passed quickly while we listened to the band. The place is a bit noisy but not so much you couldn't talk at your table. The food was great. I'd read other reviews about the salsa being great - that was the one thing I didn't care for. It had a smoky barbecue sauce undertone to it that I didn't like. The cost was reasonable for our party of 3. Our waiter was attentive. The food came out as ordered and was hot -which is always good. It was worth the visit and we would definitely return.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

A local recommended that if I were going to have Mexican food while in San Antonio this weekend that I had to go here. And I'm glad I did! The food here was EXCELLENT and better priced relative to similar places on the Riverwalk. The server we had said it's cliche to say everything on the menu is good but he was right, everything was. If there were one place I was for sure going back to in SA, this would be it.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The published reviews have got it wrong; Rosarios is terribly over rated. The food is no better than average. The wait is ridiculous, both to be seated and to be served. The atmosphere is too loud to converse with others at the table. In summary, a lousy experience. There are numerous other Mexican restaurants in San Antonio that beat Rosarios hands down.