“New albondigas entree was fabulous!”

Rosario’s Mexican Cafe Y Cantina
Ranked #21 of 4,739 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rosario's Mexican Cafe y Cantina serves up traditional South-of-the Border specialties in a contemporary setting. It has consistently been voted Best Mexican Restaurant in San Antonio by local food critics. Come see us soon!
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Most of the time in San Antonio the mexican food is average. Rosario's is a very interesting twist on mexican food. I had the new albondigas (mexican meatballs) entree and was overwhelmed by the amount of food. But the taste was incredible, just as I remembered as a kid form home. The rest of the family was equally impressed. I would avoid eating during the standard lunch and dinner hours as the lines will be long. Parking is also not easy, but well worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,117)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

About a mile South of downtown, but really very good. Unusual, very modern atmosphere for a Mexican restaurant, and the menu offers more than the usual suspects. Had the Tilapia Vera Cruz, which was prepared perfectly. Service was excellent, prices more than reasonable. I'll definitely go there again next time I'm in San Antonio.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Food and service was poor. The food was cold and the waiter was not customer service concerned. Overall a poor experience and will never return.

1  Thank ELCHATO2014
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I ordered the chile pork and it was very good. It came in foil and looked like a soft taco. I tried the other dishes our friends had and it was just average. The special margarita was awful and was served in a copper or tin cup with no salt. Stick to regular one. I saw people drinking them and they looked so much better than mine tasted. Expect noise here. We sat in the room without the bar but it was still loud.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I ordered a chalupa and that was great. My husband ordered cheese enchiladas and that was not so good. Service was fast. Restaurant has poor lay out both outside for parking and inside for sit down. Would go again if I lived there for sure. And it was bbbuuusssyyy.