“Enchiladas!”

Ranked #24 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rosario's Mexican Cafe y Cantina serves up traditional South-of-the Border specialties in a contemporary setting. It has consistently been voted Best Mexican Restaurant in San Antonio by local food critics. Come see us soon!
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Being from up North, it's hard to get good Mexican food. One of my sole missions visiting San Antonio was finding good tex-mex. Rosario's did not disappoint. I arrived with a friend around 5pm for a late lunch. Thankfully there was no line and didn't seem very crowded at that time. The staff was friendly enough and offered suggestions on what the more popular items on the menu were. I had the enchiladas and they were fantastic. The portions here are just the right size. The chips and salsa are also amazing. I definitely recommend eating here if you have the opportunity to.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went with family from Washington DC who had heard rave reviews about this place and since we were in town had to stop on a Friday night. Huge lines when we arrived but since the service is so fast the tables turn over quickly. The restaurant is sooooo loud we had to scream (and I"m not exaggerating) to talk to our waiter. Any table discussion was soon rendered impossible. I rated it 5 stars for a place to come with children since no one would turn an eye to a full blown temper tantrum or any other outrageous behavior. The food was ok but there are so many way better Mexican food establishments that you don't have the wait and the noise. I just don't see the rave reviews for this place.

1  Thank Jeannie07
Reviewed November 13, 2013

At the edge of the the King William District of San Antonio, we found this gem. Rosario's is very busy and, therefore, it is not the place for a quiet romantic evening. It is the place for some really good food. The menu is more Mexico City than traditional Tex Mex. The cilantro-garlic chicken was excellent. The enchiladas suizas plate was also an excellent choice. In both dishes, the spices were evident, but not overpowering. The salsa had a mildly smoky flavor which was very pleasing. After you finish the meal, enjoy a drive around the King William District to see the lovely homes.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Our party of 5 ate dinner here on a Sunday evening and it was packed. That usually is a good sign for Sunday night. The food was very good and the prices were great for what you received. I had the cilantro-garlic chicken and it was very tasty as it also had a hint of cintrus in the sauce. The group also shared the nachos with chicken and they did not last long. It is not fancy food but good Mexican food that fills you up for a reasonable price. I dont drink beer but the rest of the group said the beer list was limited in case you are a beer drinker. The service was a little slow but that was because they were so busy but it was nothing that would reduce the rating.

Overall a good place for dinner.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Dinner at Rosario's, with my wife. Wonderful reviews and recommendations. Unfortunately, reality was different. About 20 minutes to be seated. Reasonable and nicely done. Service was sporadic and rote. Drinks good, food, average, at best. Our cab driver said he liked Chipotle's better. I agree. Well worth missing