“HECK YES!!”

Ranked #25 of 4,628 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rosario's Mexican Cafe y Cantina serves up traditional South-of-the Border specialties in a contemporary setting. It has consistently been voted Best Mexican Restaurant in San Antonio by local food critics. Come see us soon!
turgtusteynam
“HECK YES!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I read the Trip Advisor reviews of this place before I went. They were overwhelmingly positive. I know why. Atmosphere, food, price and, baby...Margaritas! I was just as happy as a lark...even after only my first one! The frickin' salsa that goes with the fabulous chips? OMG! It was so smoky, slightly warm, and delicious. MeeWannaGoBack!!! I just had the standard Marg., but my colleague had a couple of specialty ones. In this place, the Margarita is an art form and they are masters. GO!

• Visited August 2013
RosariosMgr, Manager at Rosario’s Mexican Cafe Y Cantina, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hi Keith. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Rosario's. That addicting salsa you had is made fresh every morning and it has been made by the same amazing woman, Angie, for many many many years now! We hope you can come try us again soon.

Palermo, Italy
“Average and overrated”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

well, nothing really bad (except the noisi environment), but not so exceptional. rice overcooked, fajiatas standard only particular salsa served with chips at the beginning. I had better mexican,unfortunately. waiting managed well, text when ready but we had to wait on saturday for approx 25 mins. next to that place some nice other places where to eat, not worst the effort to wait.

Bettendorf, Iowa
“Very good dinner”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

First visit for dinner. Had the poblano chicken and it was outstanding! Friends had the spinach enchiladas and they both loved it. My only negative comment would deal with the size of the portion of the poblano chicken; was still hungry after the meal. When I asked for extra rice because I did not want the spinach, I was told "they won't do that". Next time, put an extra spoonful of rice on the plate to replace the spinach to make the customer happy!

Jackson, Tennessee
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This has to be one of the best Mexican restaurants I have ever been to. It is somewhat off the beaten path if you are staying downtown, but it is more than worth it. The interior is open and somewhat loud, but it just adds to the local flavor of the place. The salsa is black bean based and is out of this world. I had the chipotle chicken which was recommended by the waiter and my wife had one of the restaurant favorite taco dishes. Both were awesome! The service was also extremely good. If you want great food in San Antonio, this is the place.

Mukilteo, Washington
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This place has a couple of good dishes, and some that lack. Their enchiladas blancos was very good, their ceviche was not.

Visited June 2013