“A native diner's perspective”

Rosario’s Mexican Cafe Y Cantina
Ranked #25 of 4,645 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rosario's Mexican Cafe y Cantina serves up traditional South-of-the Border specialties in a contemporary setting. It has consistently been voted Best Mexican Restaurant in San Antonio by local food critics. Come see us soon!
Salt Lake City, Utah
“A native diner's perspective”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I love this restaurant. It can be a little loud but, the food is good. I enjoy eating at the bar. The staff are friendly and provide good service. The food is excellent. The roasted salsa is the best that I've had in San Antonio.

Visited July 2013

Wilmington, Delaware
“Disappointing margaritas, but the chicken mole more than made up for it!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It says it all in the title, really. This place is absolutely packed every night, and has live music at the weekends, so we decided to try it out on a Saturday night. The drinks were very disappointing (the ban on high fructose corn syrup can't come fast enough for me, and that is what was definitely in the margaritas) but the food was really, really good.

The band were great, too.. which made for a fun night!

Visited June 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
“OMG! I will make the 6 hour drive just to eat here!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We found this restaurant from reviews on Trip Advisor. When we got there, they said it was about a 20 minute wait and took my phone number. I got a text when our table was ready. Our waiter was very efficient and pleasant. Made sure everything was great from beginning to end. The salsa is not your "ordinary" salsa. It is brownish in color instead of the normal red stuff you get. It was so very flavorful! I think I ate 3 bowls by myself! We went for lunch. My husband got the fajitas, I got the puffy tacos, and all 3 kids got cheese enchilada plates. Everything was so good! And so much food! On the lunch enchilada plates you get 3 enchiladas with rice and beans for like 6.25. My puffy tacos were huge so I kind of pushed my plate to the side after eating 1. The manager came over to make sure everything was ok with my meal after seeing me push my plate over. I assured him that everything was delicious I was just stuffed! I would highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank kittyconni
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“THIS is how Mexican food is supposed to taste!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This will be the absolute best Mexican food you have ever eaten and the most incredibly affordable prices. I would classify this pace as a "hole in the wall" restaurant. They make all of their sauces from-scratch. Everything on the menu is perfection. Their staff is very friendly and helpful. We attended San Antonio for a conference and kept getting frustrated on the restaurant recommendations we received the first two nights. Finally, while shopping a local boutique, the owner of the store--and SA native--told us that the locals take it to Rosarios. Boy was she right!! We went here for lunch, and ended up eating here two times in a row! It was that good. Since our trip, several of my friends have made trips to San Antonio. Each time I insist they try Rosarios. I am yet to have a friend not rave about this place! It is very consistent and delicious.

• Visited October 2012
Lutz, Florida
“Great food and prices”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

While staying at the Hyatt Place we saw the great ratings for this restaurant and checked it out. The other reviews were right. Rosarios has great food with equally great prices, particularly in comparison to places on the Riverwalk. It's in a neighborhood that has seen better days but don't let that or the outside appearance of the restaurant put you off. We liked it so much we went back for another meal before we left San Antonio. You can't go wrong at Rosarios.

• Visited July 2013