“From someone who lives for Mexican food... this is best ever.”

Rosario’s Mexican Cafe Y Cantina
Ranked #25 of 4,645 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rosario's Mexican Cafe y Cantina serves up traditional South-of-the Border specialties in a contemporary setting. It has consistently been voted Best Mexican Restaurant in San Antonio by local food critics. Come see us soon!
Beaverton, Oregon
“From someone who lives for Mexican food... this is best ever.”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is the best Mexican food I've ever eaten, period. I had the puerco en chile cascabel and my wife had the pork tacos. The chile cascabel was so amazing I asked if I could order a vat of it to take a hot, steamy bath in it later. You think I'm kidding don't you?

• Visited January 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Yummy Tex Mex”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went with our three kids, ages 14, 11 and 8. It was a long wait to be seated - they have an unusual "waiting area" - but the food was really great. The salsa alone was worth going for - the fish tacos were GREAT - so light and flavorful! The building is very large and it is very loud. The staff was very patient and worked with our 8 year old to come up with something she would eat. :)

Visited December 2012
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Family ate here on our Christmas getaway. Good food, authentic I think, and great service. Great busy atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012
“Some good dishes, but overrated”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Although considered a hot spot in San Antonio, Rosario's was disappointing. The salsa that comes with tortilla chips was very nice and different, with a nice smoky flavor. We had "Angelica's ceviche fino" for starter and that was very good, with a good balance of fish, fruits and seasonings. My wife had the "Lengua Plate" and that was good and well prepared. However, I had the "Griselda's tacos callejeros" and those were unremarkable. I also disliked the red ambient light, which is very unpleasant for seeing the food. It was ok, but I am not sure I would go back. And definitely I am not waiting 60min in line again.

Wichita Falls, Texas
“Go early or you're in for a wait”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Wow, great food and great service, skip the river walk and go here! Drinks were pricey but great I had a Mexican handshake and My boyfriend had a skinny Margarita, both were excellent. Shrimp nachos, ceviche, tortilla soup, cascabel sauce and chipotle salsa all were wonderful