“Great Mexican Food”

Ranked #25 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rosario's Mexican Cafe y Cantina serves up traditional South-of-the Border specialties in a contemporary setting. It has consistently been voted Best Mexican Restaurant in San Antonio by local food critics. Come see us soon!
Fredericktown
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Rosario's was all-around fantastic. I had heard good reviews of this restaurant while in San Antonio and was not disappointed. The athmosphere was that of a busy establishment. The patrons were all buzzing, the lights dim, and the feel of a hip, local joint I felt like I had gotten away from tourist based restaurants. Our server and the hostess were both quite friendly with what seemed to be great knowledge of the restaurant and the menu. I ordered pescado verdura; this dish was better than I could have imagined. My friends began to poke fun at me due to the point of which I went on about the fish. If I ever make it back to San Antonio, which I probably will, I hope to return to Rosario's, and will advise others to try it too.

• Visited October 2012

Saint Louis, Missouri
“spectacular”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

stayed closeby to here and had a GREAT lunch there....margarita was delicious (with prickly pear)......the talapia chalupas were out of this world. Fresh guacamole was nice! HIGHLY recommended; don't miss it.

Saint Louis
“Trendy place, Good food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The atmosphere is fun. The decor is spicy. The food was very good. This is more Tex-Mex and not traditional Mexican food. The service was fast and attentive. The Tuna margarita is a must. Enjoy!

1 Thank jpearlsew
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Tasty, tasty!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We went on a Friday night, so we expected a wait. However, we did not expect to wait for nearly 2 hours. That said, the second we tasted the food we forgot about the wait. Great salsa and the food was true Mexican-style, not the greasy Tex-Mex we had at a majority of other restaurants in the area. The key to this tasty meal was more reliance on spice, less on oil. We were very pleased!

Visited October 2012
“Delicious Mexican food steps from downtown San Antonio”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We walked to Rosario's, 3-4 blocks south from downtown San Antonio. on the recommendation of a friend who used to live in San Antonio. It was easy to find, on the corner of St. Mary's and Alamo St. We got a carry-out order and took it back to our hotel. We each ordered chicken enchilada plates - one had creamy "suiza" style enchiladas, sweeter than I expected; the other was with the green tomatillo sauce (the best!). Flavorful but not hot. The rice was the best Spanish/Mexican rice I have EVER eaten in 50+ years of eating Mexican food in the southwest (the beans were good, typical refried beans). Salsa could have had more 'punch' or maybe we just got the mild salsa. Prices were good. The interior was eclectic, with painted concrete floor, 50's diner-style tables, chairs & bar stools, and lots of neon. It is a roomy restaurant with amble floor space, the patrons are not packed together elbow-to-elbow; it was busy but not packed.

We also ate at a Mexican restaurant our first night in town -- on the Riverwalk area. Rosario's was a far better bet. The food was considerably better, and there weren't as many tourists (yes, I say that even though WE were tourists) and, perhaps more importantly, there weren't pigeons waiting to attack the food on your plate, as on the Riverwalk!

• Visited October 2012