“Yummy - but parking is HORRIBLE!”

Rosario’s Mexican Cafe Y Cantina
Ranked #25 of 4,629 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rosario's Mexican Cafe y Cantina serves up traditional South-of-the Border specialties in a contemporary setting. It has consistently been voted Best Mexican Restaurant in San Antonio by local food critics. Come see us soon!
San Antonio, Texas
“Yummy - but parking is HORRIBLE!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have lived in San Antonio for over 40 years and this was only my 3rd time to Rosarios. Now I remember why I don't go there. The parking is HORRIBLE! Even though the food was great, the atmosphere was delightul and the wait staff was great, the parking is so horrible that I won't be back. :o(
However, back to the food. I got the puffy taco plate for lunch and was pleasantely surprised that the puffy tacos were soggy (as most are). They could have been 'fried' just a bit longer for that added crunch but all-in-all the puffy tacos were delish! The ground beef for seasoned just right. The rice and beans were average for San Antonio but still tasty. I really like the atmosphere for Rosarios as it seems to be a upscale Mexican joint! Build parking and I'll be back for sure!

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Real good food and Margaritas!!!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Went the 1st night we were there. I had cheese enchiladas. Very good. And they made my favorite Margarita - topped with blue curacao! You need to go!

Visited September 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“LOUD atmosphere but "delish" food”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I'm truly perplexed by a comment left by another recent visitor to this restaurant in which he complained about the portions not being big enough to feed his small dog. Is a standard plate filled with food too "small?" Our dishes , in one word, were delicious! I ordered the Enchilda's Espinacas which featured cooked spinach , mushrooms and a decadent cheese sauce that was probably the richest, most caloric dish I had eaten all week at any of the places I dined, BUT it was soooo worth those extra calories! Couldn't order such a dish very often ,though ,as I'd pack on the pounds but we were on vacation so why not splurge ? Husband ordered the Steak Ranchera and experienced the steak strips as cooked to his satisfaction and he too pronounced his dish VERY tasty. Our only complaint is that this is a VERY loud , "festive" and busy restaurant . We had to raise our voices to hear one another at our table there was so much commotion, mostly talkative diners who were there in groups. This is a very popular eatery with both locals and tourists so know in advance, you'll likely have wait -time ( especially if a weekend) and that it will likely be loud inside. The noise factor is why I downgraded it from a 5 to a 4 star.Also, service could have been better. After server took our drink order, we told him we were also ready to order our food ( we had waited 45 minutes to be seated and were well past "hungry" at that point). He indicated he'd be "right back" which I was confused by. Wht couldn't he take our entire order at one time? Anyway, it was at least another 15 minutes before he came back to take the balance of our order . Nachos werre brought with drinks , though, so we did have something to eat but nacho's aren't the healthiest of options so we didn't want to over-indulge on them.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unlike anything I've ever experienced”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I live in a mid-Atlantic city and have never had food like this -- outside of perhaps California or Arizona. I tried the mole sauce (over chicken enchiladas). Fabulous - not a drop of grease on the plate. Also commendable is the dark, smoky salsa. On the Blue Trolley Line and close to the King William Historic Home District.

Auckland, New Zealand
“Great fish taco's”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I asked the barman what was good on the menu and he mentioned the fish taco's. First time I have eaten a fish taco - it was fabulous and I would go back again.

Visited October 2012