“In one word - Fantastic!”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #330 of 4,696 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed November 1, 2013

After enjoy a day in Fiesta Texas, my wife suggested this place, she had seen it in commercial and want to try it out, my wife is somewhat of a picky eater, so the family decided to give it a go. From the start it was great, we got our self on great waitress that easily guided us on the main picks and what wine to eat with the meals. We had a nice appetizer to star it was good, but there main thing is that they do things from scratch and in the grill, so when we had our plates, we were sharing all of us what we order, and it was great, my kid enjoyed a soup that he just wanted more. After that it was time of dessert and well nice choices… In all go if you are fan of great Italian meals, I recommend the veal, that’s if you are veal fan as me.

There are newer reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great location for this restaurant. The service is always good and the food is always very good. They have a good selection on their menu and the wine selection is good too. I don't usually order steak at an Italian place but I do like their Rib Eye.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very mundane and average. I don't care what the commercials say, this is not real Italian, but is very much in the spirit of Italian, which is probably mainstream American taste bud appropriate. Prices were a little high and portions are not large. The food quality was good though and the taste was not bad at all.

1  Thank Ikeamillion
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We arrived at 6:30 p.m. on a Monday and there was a wait, so we went to the bar for "Happy Hour", which was over at 7:00. Our group of 4 ordered two Blackberry Sangrias, two Pina Coladas, and two Michelob Ultras and our tab was $40.00. When we asked the bar tender what was included for happy hour, he stated that there really wasn't really anything definitive about happy hour, but that sometimes they discounted the wine and margaritas. He said he didn't give us a discount because of the time, but we told him we were there drinking before seven. But he said that sometimes he discounts the sangrias, so he gave us back $6.00, which was better than nothing. I really don't mind paying for drinks, but a happy hour usually connotes a few bucks off.

They had specials for amore Monday, so I ordered the zucchini as an appetizer, the creamy parmesan sald and lasagne for my dinner. Our waitress was very nice, efficient and explained any questions we asked. First all of our appetizers were excellent, the fried mozzarella, calamari and zucchini were cooked perfectly and came out hot from the kitchen. As many nice things that were on the menu, I couldn't resist ordering the lasagne and I'm glad I did. I was very pleased with the portion size and it was cooked perfectly with just the right amount of red sauce. The texture and flavor was perfect. I had what was leftover the next day for supper. My husband had the seafood cannelloni and he said he enjoyed it. My sister had the chicken Bryan, her favorite and loved it. It was her birthday so I'm glad she was pleased. My brother-in-law also had the lasagne and he took some home, too. He seemed to like it, as well. Four out of four meals were very successful.

I will definitely return, only maybe we'll skip the happy hour at the bar and just have a glass of wine with our meal.

Our table/area was a little dark. I couldn't really see my food, but everything tasted wonderful.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I went to Carrabba's around 6pm, we arrived waited 5 minutes for a table, they seated us in the back of the restaurant, it was a nice table, it was busy, we waited for a server.
We waited for 18 minutes, the manager walked by, didn't even acknowledge us, another couple sat across from us, the had a server, their server never said a word, noticed that we had not been approached by a server, that couple got their drinks and ordered their dinner, still no server, the table next to us was being taken care of also, obviously we weren't worth the time, we got up and left and went to Outback. I guess our money is not worth there time, I guess we don't have the time or money for Carrabba's.