“Feaux Happy Hour” 4 of 5 bubbles

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #522 of 4,589 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Spring Branch, Texas
“Feaux Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We arrived at 6:30 p.m. on a Monday and there was a wait, so we went to the bar for "Happy Hour", which was over at 7:00. Our group of 4 ordered two Blackberry Sangrias, two Pina Coladas, and two Michelob Ultras and our tab was $40.00. When we asked the bar tender what was included for happy hour, he stated that there really wasn't really anything definitive about happy hour, but that sometimes they discounted the wine and margaritas. He said he didn't give us a discount because of the time, but we told him we were there drinking before seven. But he said that sometimes he discounts the sangrias, so he gave us back $6.00, which was better than nothing. I really don't mind paying for drinks, but a happy hour usually connotes a few bucks off.

They had specials for amore Monday, so I ordered the zucchini as an appetizer, the creamy parmesan sald and lasagne for my dinner. Our waitress was very nice, efficient and explained any questions we asked. First all of our appetizers were excellent, the fried mozzarella, calamari and zucchini were cooked perfectly and came out hot from the kitchen. As many nice things that were on the menu, I couldn't resist ordering the lasagne and I'm glad I did. I was very pleased with the portion size and it was cooked perfectly with just the right amount of red sauce. The texture and flavor was perfect. I had what was leftover the next day for supper. My husband had the seafood cannelloni and he said he enjoyed it. My sister had the chicken Bryan, her favorite and loved it. It was her birthday so I'm glad she was pleased. My brother-in-law also had the lasagne and he took some home, too. He seemed to like it, as well. Four out of four meals were very successful.

I will definitely return, only maybe we'll skip the happy hour at the bar and just have a glass of wine with our meal.

Our table/area was a little dark. I couldn't really see my food, but everything tasted wonderful.

• Visited September 2013

Boerne, Texas
“Will never visit there again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I went to Carrabba's around 6pm, we arrived waited 5 minutes for a table, they seated us in the back of the restaurant, it was a nice table, it was busy, we waited for a server.
We waited for 18 minutes, the manager walked by, didn't even acknowledge us, another couple sat across from us, the had a server, their server never said a word, noticed that we had not been approached by a server, that couple got their drinks and ordered their dinner, still no server, the table next to us was being taken care of also, obviously we weren't worth the time, we got up and left and went to Outback. I guess our money is not worth there time, I guess we don't have the time or money for Carrabba's.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

The service was excellent. We did not have to ask for anything. The food was outstanding. I had "The Johnny". A combination plate of the chicken Bryan and the Marsala filet served with mashed potatoes. The chicken was moist and the steak was cooked as I requested. The sauces served with both were outstanding. Absolutely delicious. My husband had the braised pork special and also said it was delicious. My daughter had the lasagna and chicken Parmesan. She enjoyed both.

Would go there again for sure!

Visited July 2013
Comfort, Texas
“Tried and True Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Having lived in Houston for over 24 years, we fell in love with Carrabba's when it had but a single location on Kirby Drive. When we relocated to the Hill Country, we were happy to see a franchised version on I-10. With four friends, we recently dined at 6 pm at Carrabba's Italian Grill in San Antonio. Even this early, they were already very busy with couples, families and adults. With two gluten intolerant friends in our group, Carrabba's is always an excellent choice because of their gluten free menu. Our friends can dine without worrying about what to select. For the rest of us, the bread, spices and butter alone are reason enough to come here! I think I ate an entire basket all by myself! The house salads were crisp and flavorful.
My husband selected the Veal Marsala - his favorite. Although not normally a big eater, he cleaned his plate! I enjoyed the Mezzaluna - the sauce is light yet satisfying with the moon shaped ravioli. Our friends all enjoyed their meals as well - Filet Florentine and Chicken Marsala. Our waiter, Blake, was only 19 years old, but already a pro at customer service! Our only concern is that the restaurant continues to serve red wine at Texas rom temp - too hot for our climate. Please chill the reds lightly to remove the warmth!

• Visited July 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Amazing service and quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The service is something you don't find much in a restaurant anymore. Very accurate, polite, and any of the servers will help you when you need something. The food was fabulous. Little known secret is the marsala sauce which you can only get there. Order that on your food. mmmm. Pricey yes but it's worth it.

• Visited June 2013