“A Restaurant that Serves Good Food at Reasonble Prices”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #355 of 4,648 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
san antonio,texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Restaurant that Serves Good Food at Reasonble Prices”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Although the name is Carrabba's Italian Grill, it also offers steaks, chops and chicken entrees available in most non-italian style restaurants. Has a good selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts. Prices of entrees range from about 15-25 +/-2, although pizza and some pasta dishes may be less. The food is well-prepared and very tastey. Small loaves of delicious hot bread are included in the meal and the basket is refilled as requested. Wine is offered by the glass or bottle, with a good selection available. Seating consists of booths and tables. Service has always been exceptional.
I highly reccomend this restaurant for the quality of food, value and sevice.
The restaurant and bar seem to be crowded every night of the week, particularly after about 7 p.m. But, even then, the wait is usually short and well worth it.

• Visited April 2012

“Good food higher priced”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We all enjoyed our food except the seafood stuffed canneloni, it smelled like rotten dead seafood and tasted like it. Service was great but the prices are higher than should be. Not real impressed overall.

“Excellent food and soothing atmosphere”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This is not for those looking for a bargain meal but it is the best Italian food I have eaten in San Antonio. The bread is addicting our server was great! Everyone enjoyed their entree choices. It is a very relaxing and romantic atmosphere. Food tasted fresh not like mass production quality like other italian places.

Texas
“One of San Antonio's better Italian restaurants”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Was the wife's birthday and she requested Carrabbas for dinner. We had been a few years earlier and were mildly disappointed since we had heard good things about the place. She wasn't disappointed this time, however, but I was.

If you haven't been here before, they keep the room relatively dark to give it the feel of a candlelit spot. No Chianti bottles with candles on the tables, but they would have fit right in with the ambiance. Lots of large screen TVs spread around. I got to watch a college basketball game and the Thursday NFL game at the same time until I was gently reminded that I should be paying more attention to my bride of 31 years than to the games.

Service was provided by six or seven different servers/managers waiting on us at some point during the evening. The danger with team approaches is that since no one in particular is totally responsible, things slip through the cracks. Not this time. The service was excellent with our needs unobtrusively anticipated. Godot would have been proud.

My wife ordered the Insalata Johnny Rocco with grilled shrimp, scallops, roasted red peppers, olives, ricotta salata in vinaigrette. She loved it. The serving was more than ample, was very well presented and tasted great! She happily ate it all.

I ordered the lasagna and was disappointed. The serving was small, almost as if it were an appetizer. While the flavor was not bad, I certainly have had better. And I made the mistake of ordering the house salad. I should have remembered from our last visit to try something else, but age has caught up with me and I completely forgot how soggy their house salad was. It didn't taste all that bad thanks to the great dressing, but It resembled something that must have been crisp and fresh before it sat in the refrigerator for a few days. Not brown and wilted, but rather a soggy mess. I was hungry and dutifully ate the whole thing remembering my dear Italian mother's admonition that people in other countries are starving and "wasting good food" is nearly a sin. The bread and olive oil and herb dip were both great and I filled up on that.

My daughter ordered the chicken Caesar salad. Chicken was wood grilled and tasty although quite dry. The greens were green but soggy.

The bill came to about twice what the evening was worth, but since my wife enjoyed her meal and since it was her birthday, I consider the evening a success and left happy. But in the back of my mind I made mental notes to hit Olive Garden when I get in the mood for lasagna and a fresh, crisp salad.

• Visited December 2011
Houston
“great food”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

great food, great service....meals were too high in calories..but what do you expect with Italian food!

Visited October 2011