“Worth a trip to the boondocks”
Review of The Vineyards - CLOSED

The Vineyards
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northeast San Antonio
Texas
“Worth a trip to the boondocks”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This place is really out in the sticks and probably not anywhere near where you are. It is about 15 minutes west of I35 on FM 3009 (exit 175). It is a short distance (a few miles) before reaching natural bridge caverns. It is really a neat restaurant in what I believe was really a vineyard at one time. It has a sufficiently extensive menu with good steaks, seafood, etc and a decent wine list. I was ready for a good ribeye and my wife had grilled salmon with an appetizer of lobster bisque. The waiter was very attentive and after a conversation brought us a sample of wines he wanted to show us and a complementary creme broulet to share. It was our second trip there and the first was just as good. We'll take the trip out again when we are back in the San Antonio area

Visited January 2012
1 Thank oldjudge

“Perfect night out”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I decided to treat My family from out of town for a night to wine and dine at the vineyards. Everything was perfect! My in laws were speechless! I highly recomend this place to anyone!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I took my wife to the vineyards on Sunday for her birthday, we had not been in there while . I really like what they did with the outside. For dinner , wine , and service outstanding , you guys just keep getting better .
Thankyou so much
Mary75

1 Thank Tommy198765
“worst birthday dinner”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Went to celebrate my birthday Had the lobster bisque which was a specialty recommended that night. It was awful!!! The toast that came with it was burnt. Not a little. But black on the side facing down on the plate. Who let this go out like this? And it happened again when the stuffed crab came out. For the prices it was awful. And I was considering this place for my son's wedding reception. Not going to happen! Sorry but I would not recommend this place to anyone. Especially when you go out of your way to get all the way out to it. Had to ask for my silveware and it did not arrive until I asked again when I got my food. Service was poor.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank CynthiaMcDonald
“A Magnificent time”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

The Vineyards Restaurant is a great place to dine out. The food is prepared to perfection, the service is on point, and the ambiance is very romantic. The prices are great for the large portions your served. this is the perfect place for a date you want to impress.

• Visited August 2011