“Cheesecake to Go”

Neighborhood: North Central
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Cheesecake to Go”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The worst thing about this Cheesecake Factory is the lack of parking. My son and I just wanted to get some slices to go, so I refused to pay $5 to valet park. So we just drove around, stalking walkers until we got a spot. Cheesecake was awesome, of course!

Visited May 2013

“Fruit flies are part of the ambiance,says the mgr.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Most disgusting, inconsiderate, sick customer service ever experienced.Our daughter graduates from college and to celebrate she chose to eat here at La Cantera cheesecake factory. Unfortunately the area we were seated was inundated with fruit flies. At first there was just one flying around but by the time food was served we were swatting flies left and right. I told the waiter, he offered to move us, but to another table in the same section that had the flies. When we approached the manager,Mr. James Cooper, said this was common in the summer,that when he goes out to eat he experiences this. I was shocked. We immediately packed our food to go. We had to ask for another salad since we found a fruit fly in it. Mr cooper I dont know how you can honestly say that fruit flies are part of your dinner experience. If that is your meaning of good hygiene and hospitality I don't what to imagine what goes on in that kitchen. You had no care for our special celebration and not wanting to upset our daughter on her special day we simply left. Why would you seat customers where you know you have an infestation of flies. That is the last time I go to any cheesecake factory. If you go here take fly covers to cover your food or use napkins like we did. We did tip the waiter since he felt like crap not knowing what to do and apologizing every time he came by. Thanks for ruining our special celebration, cheesecake factory! 5/18/13

Dallas, Texas
“One in a Million Cheesecake!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Excellent burger! Even better piece of cheesecake. I had to order one to take home for a "sleepwalking" snack! A bit pricey, but well worth it. We always get a quiet corner with a great waitress. Service here is always great. Nothing to complain about. Atmosphere is classy and very pretty lighting. Highly recommend trying The Cheese Cake Factory if you haven't!

You want a piece of shhhheashcake?

• Visited August 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Please, Sir, Can I Have Some More?”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I went here with a friend to discuss some business. I hadn't eaten at a Cheesecake Factory for many years, but remembered it as a fun place to go. This is the new one at La Cantera. Wow! What a great place. You know how you always hope you go to a place that takes good care of you, brings you fabulous food, and the whole evening is a delight? They should put the word "Fabulous" back into their name, because it truly is a fabulous place. The design is creative, the ambiance is out of the ordinary.

Somebody put a lot of thought into every aspect of this restaurant. You can tell the staff is well-trained. The service was attentive, friendly, accommodating and way above average. Our drinks never went dry, our table was cleared off after each course, even our little sugar packets from the tea were picked up each walk by.

We started off with the roasted artichokes and dip. It was served perfectly. You could taste the roasted sear on the artichokes, the dips accompanying them were divine. You found yourself quickly going back for more, even knowing it was an artichoke. Next we split a large ceasar salad. It was mixed perfectly. Not too salty, not too much dressing. It was crisp and delicious.

We were able to get our work done, talk easily without yelling over the crowd and had a wonderful evening. The whole area outside is romantic, so next time, I'll bring my love and enjoy strolling around all the twinkle-lit paths and well-landscaped areas after dinner.

Don't expect an inexpensive evening. You pay for what you get. Even splitting an appetizer and a salad, and only having tea, our bill was about $40! But, you'll have a wonderful dinner with fresh ingredients, made by competent kitchen staff and served by seasoned wait people. I'll be back!

• Visited May 2013
Helotes, Texas
“Consistently Lives Up to it's Brand Promise”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Whether it's La Cantera or North Star, or anywhere else I've been in the US, these restaurants are consistently good. The food is interesting and variety is almost overwhelming; portions are huge, service is efficient and prices affordable. Everything they promise the customer is as it should be. A rare gem among "chain" restaurants.