“Very much average”

Ranked #126 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Welcome to Tony Roma's -San Antonio. Located on the river walk in the River Center Mall,just downstairs off Commerce Street we have been a river walk favorite since 1985. With both inside and outside, river side dining, Tony Roma's is a favorite with locals and visitors alike. Tony Roma's is the place to visit for casual dining on the river walk (or as we like to say "Riber Walk.") Serving ribs, steaks, and seafood, Tony Roma's is the largest casual theme restaurant chain specializing in ribs in the world. With nearly 200 restaurant locations in 17 states, 33 countries and six continents. Our bar scene is also very popular. Featuring 29°F Drafts, Local and Texas Craft Beers, Handshaken Margaritas, and unique specialty cocktails, our bar is a favorite among the river walk crowd. Come and check us out. Let us know that you saw us on TripAdvisor!
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stopped by for dinner after a long conference with a group of eight. Service was average and food was of average quality for an Italian restaurant. It felt like a place that had high staff turnover and handled conference people...who typically don't expect high service or quality food.

Stop by for a completely underwhelming and safe experience.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Some years ago before I retired a former co worker suggested that I try this chain so when I saw this branch of Tony Roma's I'd give it a go as I was in San Antonio as part of a tour of Texas organised by the tour operator Just You

I had been recommended the ribs plus the onion loaf as a starter and both lived up to my expectations, the onion loaf is a masterpiece fried onions done in the form of a hollow cylinder and the ribs were possibly the best I'd ever eaten. The service was excellent and prompt nothing was too much trouble for the waiting staff, I was very pleasantly surprised how little the final bill was.

So impressed was I that I mentioned Tony Roma's to my fellow tourists and two nights later a party of us returned to the restaurant and had a splendid evening

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

There are about three different chain restaurants of similar price at River Center Mall and on a three day trip
to San Antonio I tried each of them. While the service was fine the food was a disappointment. Soup was greasy and Asian Salad full of everything EXCEPT green lettuce. With all the choices in this area I would not spend my money at this Resturant again.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I were attending the Michael Buble' concert later on that night. We were late leaving the hotel and try to eat at the river walk. Every location we tried was over an hour wait. I called Tony Roma's and they said they were seating right away. We walked over, sat down, ate and had a wonderful dinner and made it to the concert with time to spare. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Food was rather bland. They were not busy but we waited to be seated and drinks took forever. Too many other good restaurants in San Antonio to waste your time and calories here!

TR_TonyRomas, Guest Relations Manager at Tony Roma's Ribs, Seafood, & Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Hi,

We are extremely sorry to hear about your most recent visit to our Tony Roma's location in San Antonio. Please send your contact information along with a brief description of your experience to socialmedia@romacorp.com. We'd like to make sure this does not happen again. Once again, we apologize and hope that we can rectify this situation.

JW