“Beats all the restaurants on the Riverwalk”
Review of Guadalajara Grill

Guadalajara Grill
Ranked #296 of 4,736 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just a short block up from the Riverwalk is this wonderful restaurant with an extensive menu lots of different beers and of course margaritas. The food is freshly made and the service outstanding. My wife had chicken mole and I had beef fajitas. One night we had beers and the super nachos- smothered in real cheese, beef, jalapenos, sour cream and guacamole. Yes we ate here two nights in a row- it was that good! Look at the meals being served in the Riverwalk Mexican restaurants and then go the Guadalajara Grill and you will not give a second thought about eating here. The waiters and bartender were very professional and friendly.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I talk about the dinner we had here all the time! The Mocajete was so good I can't even describe it. You just have to try it! It was the best meal we had in San Antonio. The only drawback was the warmth inside the restaurant. Would have been better if it was cooler. Also the frozen drinks weren't blended very well so that took away from the overall effect. However he service was fantastic and I would go again just for the MOCAJETE !

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our trip to Guadalajara grill was for dinner for a group of 9 at 5:15 on a Tuesday. We made a reservation and were promptly seated as we arrived, and it was not very busy. The waiter was helpful when he took our order but the service went downhill from there.
As for the food, we all agreed it was pretty good. I would say it was better than average for a Mexican restaurant. Prices were also very resonable.
It took 45 minutes to get our food. Two groups came in after us and received their food 10-15 minutes before we did, one group was even larger than ours, so it was not a group size issue. Two of the meals were wrong when we received them, which will happen sometimes, and I can understand, but one person did not receive her correct meal until the rest of our group was done eating. I asked for the bill at this point and never did receive it from our waiter. I asked someone else 15 minutes later and that did not help. Another 5-10 minutes I asked who I believe was the manager, he went to total it and I had to go to the front to pay. Along with this issue, the waiter never came back to check how our food was, never re-filled the free chips and salsa, and never said sorry for the long wait and mistaken orders. Probably the worst service I’ve ever had.
I would give this place 4 stars for the food and zero stars for the service.

1  Thank tmarc
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was a great spot to catch an afternoon table for chips and salsa or happy hour. The environment is awesome, very authentic. The food is good quality and well priced. It is not a very big restaurant, so be warned its a community-friendly environment. What makes this restaurant great is it is off the beaten path so it's not as crowded (at lunch) as other restaurants might be.

I highly recommend this stop after a long day of shopping or as a fun place to get lunch. Especially great for copies or a group of friends!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We walked up and were going to sit outside but it was full due to the great weather. We sat inside but it was warmer than outside. There was a confusion about who was to wait on us and we gave our order twice but everyone was friendly. The chips were good and the salsa was really warm, it left a good fire in the mouth for a couple of minutes after eating. We both tried the soup combo. I had the tortilla soup and fajita taco. All of the soup ingredients came on the side except the corn. It was nice to be able to add the amount of food I wanted to the bowl but the chicken was not hot. Also, there were no tortilla strips but that was actually something I did not want to add so it worked out. The sour cream and cheese tasted very fresh. The taco only had one sliver of bell pepper but it was a nice fajita taste. My coworker had the black bean soup that she really enjoyed (so much so that she ate the leftovers cold). Her dish was missing the bacon, chives and croutons. She also liked the flautas. The only reason I did not give it a 4 out of 5 is because of the chicken temperature and the missing items from the plate. But on flavor, it is a 4. Great location for the convention center and Hilton.