“Cheap seafood... Not cheap quality!!”

Sea Island Shrimp House
Ranked #147 of 4,692 Restaurants in San Antonio
Neighborhood: Uptown Loop
Description: Sea Island Shrimp House specializes in wild-caught Texas Gulf shrimp. Guest favorites include Lemon Pepper Fish and Shrimp, Charbroiled Shrimp, Shrimp Salad, Stuffed Shrimp, Shrimp Linguine, and more. We also serve Grilled Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Gulf Oysters on the Half Shell, Catfish, and Flounder, when available. Not a seafood fan? Enjoy our juicy Steaks, Burgers, Beef Kabobs and Grilled Chicken. Soups, salads and a variety of appetizers, including Shrimp Cocktail, Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, Calamari, Ceviche and more keep our guests coming back time after time!
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I ordered take out and the ordering process was easy, food was ready when they said. I ordered the "40 year favorites" which was all good! Thick fish filet, large fried shrimp, great tasting gumbo and their signature lemon pepper shrimp.. YUMMY! I also ordered the calamari which was classic rings, no tentacles :) and a key lime pie slice to finish it off. We spent less here on our entire meal than we did for two yucky cheeseburger meals at sea world! This is a must try. If you don't want to wait for a table it's best to order take out.

Meghan V, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

We're so glad you were able to enjoy a Sea Island meal while you were in town! We appreciate the time you took to leave a review for others on Trip Advisor and hope to serve you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Sea Island Shrimp House

Reviewed June 3, 2014

The fried shrimp in this restaurant cannot be beat, especially for the price. They taste like they were just brought in off the dock before they were cooked. The atmosphere is one of any seafood house on the coastline. Definitely worth the price! DON'T MISS.

Meghan V, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Rooted deep in our family history, we serve only the freshest ingredients in the same made-from-scratch recipes San Antonio has enjoyed for nearly 50-years! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I used to love Sea Island, so I was excited to be back in San Antonio and have the opportunity to have dinner there. It was as I remembered - busy and friendly people. No problems there. The issue was the food. I had a half dozen oysters, which were okay, but didn't appear fresh. Then the chargrilled shrimp. It was really mediocre. I would have expected this food from a fast food place. I was so disappointed. The prices had also risen, so needless to say I wouldn't have called this a good value. It wasn't inedible. It just wasn't good. I'll probably try again, but it has to be better next time, otherwise it will be my last.

Meghan V, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you so much for joining us while you were in town! We do apologize that we did not meet your expectations! Your mention of declining value is concerning to us. Please send an email to contactus@shrimphouse.com with further details about your experience.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I first started enjoying seafood at this location when we were first dating many years ago. My experiences at this location have continued to be great all these years. Not fancy and not over priced. This is a place to enjoy lots of great seafood food. Try the shrimp salad, which is my wife's favorite. I love a sampler plate with shrimp, fish, and oysters. I can't decide which I like best so I generally have them all. Their seafood selection is a treat. The national chain seafood restaurants have food that is frozen and tastes of freezer burn. This does not happen at Sea Island. The food is always fresh and does not taste like it has been in a freezer for some length of time. The food at Sea Island is not over priced like other seafood restaurants. Besides the great food there is the wait staff. Even though you order from a counter there are wait staff personnel there to refill a glass, and check on you throughout your meal. They find you a place to sit when the restaurant is full, and see the tables are promptly cleaned so you don't have to sit and look at a room of dirty dishes on table after table like many other restaurants. This wait staff deserves recognition for their outstanding service. Save yourself a trip to Galveston for fresh seafood as it is right here in San Antonio at Sea Island.

Meghan V, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

How do we even begin to thank you for your years and years of loyalty! Every day we open our doors excited to meet all the wonderful guests that dine with us! Next year we will turn 50 years young, and we promise to stick around as long as possible! Thank you for sharing your experience with others on Trip Advisor! We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The last few times we have eaten at one of their establishments we have not been completely satisfied. Quantity remains consistent, but quality/taste seems lacking.

Meghan V, Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

We love hearing from our loyal guests! Your mention of declining quality/taste is concerning to us. Please send an email to contactus@shrimphouse.com with further details about your experience. We take all comments seriously and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to hearing from you!