“Very Good and Good Management Experience”
Review of Landry's Seafood

Landry's Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Landry's Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Nestled along the beautiful River Walk in Downtown San Antonio, Landry's Seafood is a Texas Gulf Coast legend. Located in the heart of the city, Landry's is centrally located near the many hotels and unique shops of the River Walk and just a short walk from the Alamo. A refreshment from Landry's extensive drink menu is the ideal complement to an evening on the waterway, and a dinner featuring fresh seafood, succulent steaks and mouthwatering desserts is the perfect highlight to an exciting day in San Antonio.
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Arrived for 6pm reservation. They had not correctly reserved our waterside table. Gave us table on river but not waterside and comped our desserts. Food very good but not excellent. We had grilled seafood platters plus wedge salads and baked potatoes, bread pudding for dessert. Seafood very good but needed better seasoning. In their defense, San Antonio clientele may not be used to the spicier Louisiana seasonings. Wedge salad was very good but not chilled adequately. Salt crusted baked potatoes excellent. Service was excellent. Will definitely return.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We where there with a group of 11 persons and the waiter was nice and well organized. We got a few appetizer for the whole table and they served our food all together. The fish was really good. It was loud in there, for me as a german to loud, it was not easy to talk to each other.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Mid-scale seafood restaurant. Attentive service, well prepared and presented food choices. As typical way too much food for a normal human, glad I shared the salmon special with my wife. The super margarita (don't actually remember what they called it) was smooth and very easy to drink with a punch that settled in a bit later. Missed out on dessert, just too full despite the intrigue of the banana's foster

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Upon entering Landry's, I hated it with every fiber of my being. Was this a fine dining establishment or an IHOP with low lighting? Further examination of the restaurant continued my puzzlement. Nice furniture and starched tablecloths. Salt and pepper in cheesy plastic containers and Landry's advertising that would be more appropriate for an Olive Garden than a good fish house. Tacky plastic flower arrangements. Ridiculous plastic renditions of the dessert menu for servers to show. A house salad from the 1970s Salad Bar School of house salads. Weird techno-pop soundtrack playing in the dining room. Disliked the several pitches I got to join the Landry's Select Club. Nothing about this restaurant suggested the Landry's Club I'd want to join.

But both my appetizer and entree were were well-cooked seafood. Service was efficient and friendly. Wine list was OK and reasonably priced. I had a good meal. Good food at a reasonable in a techno-pop IHOP atmosphere. Hey Landry's, ever thought of hiring a restaurant stylist?

Reviewed April 10, 2014

The hostess is rude! So I don't care what their food is like. Landry's -take note; hire nice people; it matters. Service should be first; you have a rude lady who doesn't care how she treats people. I've seen other reviews and seems I'm not the only one who received this treatment.

1  Thank Anita U