“Fun place for the kids”
Review of Magic Time Machine

Magic Time Machine
Ranked #122 of 4,769 Restaurants in San Antonio
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Oak Park / Northwood
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I remember going here when I was a kid. I thought it was the coolest ever. The place looks a little dated but still as much fun as I remembered. My kids had a blast. The staff was great. I wasn't extremely impressed with the food but it wasn't bad.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Been to MTM twice in the past 6 months. Had Queen of Hearts by chance the 1st time, by request the 2nd time as she is just that great and entertaining. Had the Roman Orgy and took 4 take out cartons home as there was that much left over food and we were all very full. The food was warm and tasty. Staff attentive and quick to meet our needs. Love the bread also! Salad bar could use some cheese and eggs though. Our piece of cake fed 3 of us. Bathroom needed attention as was dirty and not stocked with supplies needed. Both times front desk attendant was blah and inattentive. No personality at all and made you feel like a nuisance of her time. Thought it was a fluke the first time, but she was there again the 2nd time and still acted the same. Once you got past her, it was a great time for all of us. Have to be in the right frame of mind though to enjoy the humor and not be easily embarrassed. The more you participate, the funner it is. Our waitress utilized good taste in her fun. By all means please do ask where the bathroom is located as it is not easy to find.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a fun time last night at the MTM. It had been decades since I had been here and I was surprised it was still open. I forgot how fun it is. The entire staff is a character from any given TV show or movie from current to the good ole days. And they ham up their characters the entire time. We had Ace Ventura and Jack Sparrow as our waiters and we laughed the entire time. Lots of fun for kids as it is non-stop action. And plenty of adult humor to go over their heads. If you are looking for a quiet place to eat...this is not for you. You will be laughing with the table next to you about what your waiter just made you do.

Food is tasty and not that expensive. But get there before 630p if you don't want to wait an hour for a table. You can only make reservations for 12 or more.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The staff worked well with us to help with the surprise party. Captain Jack Sparrow was our waiter for the evening and he helped push the time for the teenagers over the top!! We did the Roman Orgie for everyone and there was enough food for everyone. We ate will we were full. Captain Jack did an awesome job of enteraining and serving. It is a birthday that will not soon be forgotten! Me made reservations and the setup was perfect. Staff is friendly and easy to work with. Captain Jack would give us ideas of how to help keep the cost down. He also threw bread, corn and even stabbed the knife into the table. He had us balance plates on our heads while he served most of the food. Great memories! Great night!

1  Thank TX2Step_11
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Although we have visited this establishment a number of times over the last several years, it never gets old. The food is great & the service even better. From the outside I think people might wonder a bit about it if they have never eaten there, but I can assure you that once you step inside you will never doubt your choice. Ever visit is a different experience. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone - it is family friendly, but can also be romantic as well if you are on your own without the kiddos. GREAT place - entertainment & sustenance in one wacky place!