“very entertaining”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Oak Park / Northwood
Reviewed November 28, 2012

It was my 1st visit with my family and I didn't know what to expect. I sat down in this little cave-like table and we had ivy as our waitress. It was very entertaining, especially for kids. All sorts of characters for everyone to enjoy.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Children will love the costumed waitstaff. The worst part of my latest visit was the unexpected rodent that ran across the floor.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

There is literally NOTHING that I don't love about The Magic Time Machine. All your favorite dreams and fun fantasies come to life. And HELLO! You get to dine in a faraway pretend place!!!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great and fun restaurant! I had been here about 20 years ago and we just happened to be staying at a hotel within walking distance and decided to let our kids try it.

The food was good (although not outstanding) and our waiter was fun. One of the negatives though is that we were sat in a section with characters geared towards younger children (like 0-6). My children are small/short for their age, but are 10 1/2 and 8 1/2, so they were a little disappointed that they didn't get characters more suited towards their age (like Harry Potter, etc). If you have children that look younger or older than their true age, you might want to mention their ages when checking in. There were a lot of very young kids around us (0-6) and it actually bothered my kids more than it did us parents.

Still, it was fun, and the food was good. We'll go back, but just ask for a more pre-teen/tween section next time.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The place is not that magical at all. did not like the smell it smells like it needs a total makeover. very dusy ceiling must need carpet and curtains washing. This is suppose to be a childrens place. noticed waitresses done very tight and boobs popping out. waitresses talks bout drinking and parties to kids. even in a new generation era they should maintain a very innocent atmosphere for kids. the character frim wizard of oz is pretty and sweet except for her boob pop out. generally they have a good idea. but needs evaluation as to proper dressing up, cleaning and too over price!