“Underwhelmed”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was expecting a great meal on the river . It was not terrible but for the money was sub par. When you pay 25 bucks for a meal you should not ever be disappointed that you did not go somewhere else but I did.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

One of the most tender steaks I've ever had! You can pick the seasonings and sauce for your steak. Try the garlic potatoes ... very creamy! The bar staff was very friendly and helpful deciding what to get. Skip the crabcakes though ... plenty of meat, but seemed like they were from a box. I would eat there again.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

steak.steak & steak..that's whay Texas is known for & this the best place to sit down & enjoy...they also have a great menu if you prefer something else.......

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Come after lunch rush for a special 6oz smoked sirloin with no waiting. The bartender brought me two samples of smoked steak. The medium had more of a smoky flavor then the medium well. Coming from a smoked fish region this was a treat. The hotel clerk told me to come here. The gentleman and his wife next to me from Illinois said an airport employee told them to come. An older man walked by me with his wife and saw my food and stopped in his tracks and asked me what sides I had. (He was a grits fan.) If you want a TEXAS steak come before or after rush so you don't have to wait and get treated very well and have a full belly:)

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stood and waited for someone to seat us but a guy came flying through and told us to sit down anywhere. Those were the last words we heard while there. After waiting almost 10 minutes to even have any service, we left. No waiter, no water.... nothing... no thank you. we ate at another place that wanted us there.

Been to Texas Land & Cattle? Share your experiences!