“My first discovery on the Riverwalk - fun”

Texas Land & Cattle Steakhouse on the Riverwalk
Ranked #239 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Los Gatos, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My first discovery on the Riverwalk - fun”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I came to San Antonio not knowing what the Riverwalk was. I was directed to this place by my hotel's front desk, and finding it was a trick until I realized I had to go DOWN to the entrance! It was like unwrapping a present, finding such a fun world down there!

The restaurant itself was nothing to write home about. It was cozy and the atmosphere was nice, the food was decent and the people were good. I enjoyed my dinner but didnt go back later in the week. Something to grab my attention would have been nice, whether it was the staff interaction or something else. Regardless, I recommend it.

Visited October 2013

Charleston
“Good food”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our steak dinners were reasonably priced and good sides came with them. There was plenty of food for the money! However, the service is poor. She left four empty glasses on the table and we had to ask twice for water. She was running around all night and was overwhelmed. The next night we sat in the Bar and had an appetizer (which was good) but the bartenders acted like we did not exist. Please work on your customer service!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank KCIGM
FORT WORTH
“Eats!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My most favorite place to eat in all the world...it doesn't matter what you get, steak, salmon ,etc. it is all wonderful.. My favorite is the big sweet potato and dessert.

Visited August 2013
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“What a joke to rate this place as "preferred".”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spent a week at the Drury Inn at Riverwalk which is above this restaurant at the St. Marys Street location. We tried unsuccessfully to dine there twice but were met with a staff who were just short of moronic on 10/11. The Matre D' did not have a clue about operations and then she shuffled us off to the bar to eat. We stood at the bar for 15 minutes flagging down "Jesse" to take our order. "Jesse" repeatedly told us he would be with us but constantly turned his back to us to joke with his buddies and not take our order. We finally gave up an went elsewhere. This place should be ashamed at our treatment but I suspect it will fall through the cracks in corporate America like so many others since there are new unsuspecting "tourists" each day. I will do my best to inform others of this disgraceful place.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank onceinawhile31
Florida
“Restaurant a Bit Off but Excellent Service”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This restaurant is at an excellent location next to the Riverwalk. Our waiter Joseph provided service as well as it can be offered, explaining the menu and giving directions and other local recommendations. He was attentive but not intrusive, and he paid attention to off-hand comments to ensure our salads and entrees would not include any items that we might not enjoy. Also of note, Betty was the greeter at the door. She was very friendly and nicely accommodated our seating preference near the window.

For the menu, it’s quite large. We weren’t really impressed with the fried chicken, but it was OK. The filet mignon was very good. The special house sirloin was given to us to sample. It was very tender, but had more of a ham than a steak flavor in my opinion. If you’re on the fence about this item, it’s worth trying a sample first.

For the restaurant overall, we probably would have given a “3”, but Joseph’s outstanding service warranted us upgrading the experience to a “4”. Note that our server indicated that the menu would be completely reworked by October 2013, so some of the food choices we made may not be available now.

• Visited September 2013