“Tag...your it!”

Texas Land & Cattle Steakhouse on the Riverwalk
Ranked #202 of 4,597 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Omaha, Nebraska
“Tag...your it!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went for sushi, but ended up here since a lot of places were closed on New Year's Day! We arrived one hour before closing and were thankful we could dine in. We were immediately sat and handed minutes. After about five minutes, a gentleman came over to ask if we had been helped. We we waid no, he immediately apologized and asked us what we would like to have to drink. We ordered water, a bottle of wine and appetizers immediately. Unfortunately, the server that was suppose to take care of us in the beginning, finally came around and we recited our drinks to him and what we ordered. He actually had forgotten what the previous server/bartneder told him. At any rate, it didn't take long for us to receive our crab cakes and wine. I was pleasantly surprised. We ordered our entrees and that too didn't take long to receive. The only reason I'm giving this place an average is because of our initially experience and there's not an option for "good."

Visited January 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“Won't eat at a TXLC again”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We've never eated at a TXLC, but decided to try this one on a recent trip to SA. I signed up for their email updates and had a small coupon to apply to the dinner, which helped a bit.

The food was unremarkable and the service was just okay. The River Walk area in general was very busy, but the restaurant wasn't that busy when we arrived. The food is about what you'd expect from any chain steakhouse. I thought the prices were a bit steep for what you got. Its not somewhere we'd eat again as our money would have been better spent somewhere else.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Deb62862
Baytown, Texas
“Ice cold beer on tap.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We went to the bar each day of our three day stay at the Drury. They keep the bottle beer iced down and refrigerated mugs for the beer on tap. Great service every time and the prices were very reasonable for the riverwalk. Try the seasonal margaritas. YUM. The Steak Queso and Fried Jalapenos were two very good appetizers we ordered. The smell from the restaurant was so appetizing each time we went by the entrance.

• Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“My favorite restaurant!!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I really wished I lived in Texas all because of this restaurant! LOL. Their salads, drinks, appetizers, and steaks are TO DIE FOR! I went to the one in Killeen, Texas (they have an awesome military discount on Tuesday) and to the one in San Antonio on the Riverwalk. Both experiences were lovely. The staff at both were phenomental! And the food was amazing! My family and I ordered the smoked queso, taste of texas sampler, signature steak and wedge salad,steakburger w/ cheese, and the Texas ribeye with mashed potatoes. Yes, we were hungry and yes, we were soooo satisfied! I am headed back there to Killeen in January and I am looking forward to dining there. I recommend Texas Land and Cattle. They are family friendly, have flat screen tv's, but it is still classy. Do yourself a favor and dine there, too!! :)

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Fal L
Port A
“Great steak at TLC.”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We ate dinner here and had a wonderful meal. My steak was one of the best I've ever had. Their service is quick and friendly. What more can you ask for. GO THERE!

Visited December 2012