“Worth going once”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Alamo Heights
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We've been itching to try this place for years. Finally went, it was good but not worth the price. The ravioli was good but no flavor, just like some off the shelf from a can with plain tomato sauce. The pizza was good, but nothing spectacular. The staff was great, and the service was fast. Worth trying, but I've had better.

There are newer reviews for Volare Gourmet Pizza & Pasta

Reviewed October 31, 2011

As a NYC Italian having moved to San Antonio I have found good pizza is rare in San Antonio. Fortunately I found Volare. Great authentic pizza. The cheese bread is to die for. It is small and cozy. And it is a great value.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

What can i say? Tiny place, great food, super clean.
The best pizza i've ever had.
If you are looking for real italian food, this is the right spot.
Customer service is great, they're always smiling.

Reviewed April 22, 2011

I'm from the Mid-Atlantic area which has a very competitive Italian restaurant community. I've missed 'real' Italian food since I moved to San Antonio a year and a half ago. This place is tiny inside, w/ a larger outside seating area. It's quaint, but not fancy. Clean though, which is my main requirement. Staff was quick and professional. Food was so hot, I got a blister from the bowl holding my lasagna special (my own fault LOL!). Salad that came w/ the special was fresh and bread was tasty. My lasagna was fresh from the oven and literally boiling. Sooooo yummy! Cant say that for a nearby Ital restaurant's lunches which are usually room temperature. Price was right. Lasagna, bread, salad, soda, tax = $10.77. Well worth it. I will be back and will bring more coworkers. All of us loved it and want to go back. Not sure why the negative reviews on this site. They have about 4-5 lunch specials and all come w/ bread and salad. Saw the calzone and it looked really good. Food came out quickly. Nothing negative or critical to say....!

Reviewed February 26, 2011

We should have read TA before trying them. They don't get customer service, are sloooow and not worth the wait. Try Florios, Sorrento's or heck, if you're in a pinch there's CPK or Domino's. You'll be happier as you will get happy service and better bang for the buck, even if you're paying more...