“Great Food!!!!!!!!!”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northeast San Antonio
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I'm from Puerto Rico and I was looking for a Puertorrican food and I found this place the owners are Mexican but the food is really puertorrican the flavors are amazing, serious I went in a lot of restaurants in Puerto Rico, Guavate, San Juan everywhere and the food in this place is great!!! i'll recomend the alcapurrias and pasteles!!!!

There are newer reviews for La Marginal

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I went here on a Sunday evening. I ordered the Cuban sandwich with tostones (plantains). The pork on the sandwich was really dry.. The plantains needed some kind of seasoning as they were bland and pretty dry...crunchy
Living in central and south Florida most of my life I do believe the sandwich is missing something without sliced ham. I didn't dislike it but was not overly impressed either. I think I will go back and try the buffet before I leave San Antonio, maybe at lunch the food will be better

Reviewed May 28, 2012

La Marginal is likely the best place for puerto rican food here in San Antonio. Located at I410 near Nacogdoches (there is a new 2nd location on San Pedro ave which is a bit closer to the airport has opened) this restaurant is a bit out of the beaten path but if its good rice and beans and pernil you are looking for this would be the place to go to. The menu has a good variety along with appetizers. Dinner and soft drinks for 2 with appetizers will run you about $ 50. I would highly recommend the buffet they have on Sunday's (always a packed house) where you have some variety set at one reasonable price. I would suggest to come early as the location on Nacogdoches is not huge..so it tends to get packed very quickly. You will likley find the owner behind the counter carving the pernil (pork) and serving the plate during the buffet.
Pluses - Great Food, Plenty of parking, Reasonable prices (Entertainment on weekends)
Negative - Service can be slow at times, Will get crowded quickly so come early.
Tip - If dining with a large group check your receipt as gratuity is added for large groups.

2  Thank MoreTravel2016
Reviewed March 22, 2012

it's all good. BEST LOCATION ADVICE!!! ACROSS THE STREET FROM "MAMAS" on Nacadoches. In the strip mall across the street right in the middle of the strip mall. TOO EASY not to miss. There is no sign, just right across from "MAMAS" & south of Churches Fried chicken..

Reviewed March 14, 2012

This place is pretty hidden, so keep an eye out for the signs to get there. From the outside.. it looks like it would not be good.. but it is beautiful on the inside. It was my first time eating Puerto Rican Food. I enjoyed it. It was different than Mexican food that is for sure. But still pretty delicious. Do not hesitate to get the appetizer platter!! It is really good and you get a taste of everything. The Pina Colada chicken was also pretty delicious. Coconut Flan was the best I have ever had. Service was excellent!!