“Paleo menu!”

Paloma Blanca Mexican Restaurant & Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
Paloma Blanca Mexican Restaurant & Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Alamo Heights
Cross street: Austin Highway
Description: Since 1997, Paloma Blanca Mexican Cuisine has become well-known for offering much more than traditional "Tex-Mex" fare. Tempting offerings include items as varied as grilled snapper, enchiladas verdes, pozole soup, hand made flautas and tacos al pastor. For margaritas by a cool fountain, a relaxing dinner on the terrace or appetizers in our hacienda-style dining rooms, Paloma Blanca invites you to enjoy our autentico brand of Mexican cuisine and hospitality.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We ordered the guacamole and fajitas through the Paleo menu. We asked for no salt, since we bring our own salt. The taste was great. We had no reaction to the food at all. The Plaintain chips were perfect and it was nice to eat "chips" and hot sauce with our meal. The waitstaff was very nice and attentive. The setting is beautiful. If you're looking for the absolutely perfect Paleo experience, stay home and cook it yourself. Otherwise this place is as close as it gets for good food and eating out.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I ate lunch at Paloma Blanca earlier this month and we both had great dining experiences. We opted to eat outside in the shade. The wait staff was attentive and helpful throughout our meal. My wife opted for the enchiladas de chipotle and I opted for the enchiladas de mole. Both our dishes were well prepared and tasty. We thought that the ambiance of this restaurant was excellent despite its location in a shopping center. We plan to come back the next time we are in or around Alamo Heights.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

They have a separate gluten free menu and will bring you "celiac friendly" tortilla chips. I've been here twice and enjoyed the food both times. This last time I went they said what I ordered from the GF menu actually came already made with flour, which I think was a mistake, but I appreciated that they double checked for me. Lovely atmosphere, decent prices, one of my favorites

1  Thank bluebird1313
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Paloma Blanca is located in a small shopping center about 20 minutes from downtown. The restaurant interior is modern with a sizable patio available for exterior seating.

Among our group of twelve, we had a large variety of appetizers and main dishes. The response to the food ranged from good to excellent. I had the La Paloma, a three item sampler dish. While I found all of the appetizers to be very good, unfortunately my main dish was very average. By this I mean that all of the items were OK, but nothing stood-out as something that I couldn’t have found elsewhere. The house margaritas were very good and everyone agreed that the bartender did not go lightly with the tequila.

Where Paloma Blanca truly excelled was in their service. We had a large group and our reservation needed to be modified a few times. The staff at Paloma Blanca gladly handled the changes and our table was ready when we arrived. Additionally, our server for the evening, Federico, was funny, engaging, willing to provide recommendations and exceptionally attentive.

So, although my main course was not exceptional, it was an overall good experience. And it is a restaurant that I would be willing to try again (ordering a different entrée).

1  Thank Tim R
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Took my wife here for a lunch date. Great atmosphere, service was good but I just felt like it was over priced. $16-$17 for two enchiladas???? Come on. Margaritas were good and shockingly those were priced "okay" but I think there are many other restaurants in town where you can get better tasting food at a better price. We did enjoy the two salsas. Again, sorry Paloma Blanca, as Jim Carrey would say in the movie "Liar, Liar".... "I've had better."

2  Thank Chris E