“Excellent food, nice environment”

Paloma Blanca Mexican Restaurant & Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
Paloma Blanca Mexican Restaurant & Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 4,669 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Alamo Heights
Cross street: Austin Highway
Description: Since 1997, Paloma Blanca Mexican Cuisine has become well-known for offering much more than traditional "Tex-Mex" fare. Tempting offerings include items as varied as grilled snapper, enchiladas verdes, pozole soup, hand made flautas and tacos al pastor. For margaritas by a cool fountain, a relaxing dinner on the terrace or appetizers in our hacienda-style dining rooms, Paloma Blanca invites you to enjoy our autentico brand of Mexican cuisine and hospitality.
San Antonio, TX
“Excellent food, nice environment”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was recently re-introduced to this restaurant. The enchildas verdes were some of the best I've had in San Antonio! Very flavorful. Excellent & very friendly service during lunch on a Friday, which is almost always a very busy time. Will be back soon.

• Visited October 2013

“Food is great- lighter”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We were here for a Christmas party so service was really good. The food is great, almost a lighter/ healthier kind of Mexican food.

• Visited December 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Excellent Food!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Paloma Blanca is a place I wish I knew about when I did not live in San Antonio. The food is amazing, the venue is perfect and it's in a great neighborhood just Northeast of downtown. I say skip the touristy spots and head to Paloma Blanca for great food AND spot-on drinks.

• Visited March 2013
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Nasty, Blood on the table”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Food was good, severice O.K. Bad news at some point near the end of our stay, I noticed blood drops on our table! After checking our hands noticed more blood on the floor AND the rim of my water class. I pointed this out to the waiter who acknowledeged he had cut his hand. I told him he need to shut down out section and clean with bleach, but he simply wiped the table with a napkin. Human blood is a Pathogen and requires a specific clean up procedure. I was shocked at the lack of intrest. The manager did not even get involved. Will never step foot there again. Who know what else goes on where we can't see.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Johnny C
Boerne, Texas, United States
“Great Margaritas, poor service”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Went with my husband for a rare date night out. Unfortunately, the poor service and loud atmosphere left us with a feeling we were nothing but a table to be turned. We ordered a special tamarindo margarita, which was exceptional, more like one we would prepare at home with our own fresh ingredient than one we'd get in a restaurant. Otherwise, food came out too fast, was overcooked, and waiter was nowhere to be found when we needed him. Next time, we'll try one of the other hundreds of Mexican restaurants in SA who won't treat us like a number.

• Visited February 2013