“Wife:Is this dish spicy?.- Waiter: I have no idea”

Paloma Blanca Mexican Restaurant & Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
Paloma Blanca Mexican Restaurant & Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 4,739 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Alamo Heights
Cross street: Austin Highway
Description: Since 1997, Paloma Blanca Mexican Cuisine has become well-known for offering much more than traditional "Tex-Mex" fare. Tempting offerings include items as varied as grilled snapper, enchiladas verdes, pozole soup, hand made flautas and tacos al pastor. For margaritas by a cool fountain, a relaxing dinner on the terrace or appetizers in our hacienda-style dining rooms, Paloma Blanca invites you to enjoy our autentico brand of Mexican cuisine and hospitality.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Five days before we got to San Antonio, we were having lunch at a delightful restaurant in Mexico City called Roldan. I chatted a bit with the manager and when I told him we were off to S.A., he said we had to go Paloma Blanca where his sister Nellie worked: "Tell Nellie her brother Romulo snt you, and she will take care of you!"

It tunrs out we never saw Nellie, she apparently only works til 5:00. Anyway, Paloma Blanca is trendy and upscale, not at all your prototypical Mexican Restaurant. And it is Mexican, not Tex-Mex! The place caters to young adults, I found the incssant shrill laughter of inebriated 25-year old women quite annoying, but I'm sure that is the clientele Paloma Blanca is after.

But surely the perfunctory service as typified by my heading was unexpected, as was the average food and drink. My wife likes Saangria and had a great glass at Roldan, chuck full with fresh fruit. When she ordered one at Paloma, the waiter was unsure they had a any and then brought something that lookd like it came out of a can.

To cap it all off, I believe I left my credit card behind, but when I phoned I didn't get much assistance.

I can't help wondering what would have happened had Nellie been there. Perhaps you would like to try it -- tell Nellie Romulo sent you!

2  Thank niemand

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We ate Sunday brunch here and really enjoyed the good service and wonderful food. It was a pretty day so we ate outside on the patio. I would love to go back. I am glad that my son knew about this restaurant

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This has been our Mexican restaurant of choice for many years. Consistantly good food & service. Freshly made corn & flower tortilla's. They have a very convienent drive through take-out.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

About 5 miles north of the River Walk but well worth it if you have transportation; great food; great service; and really quite inexpensive relative to the quality and service...we're Texans, and we recommend it!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Palaoma Blanca is a great place. Fancy or more casual, indoors or out, beer wine or margies - this is the place. After living nearby for several years, my favorites are the enchiladas 09 and the avocado soup. Enjoy!