“Good Place To Stay”

Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area
Ranked #136 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
tulsa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

After a long drive, we booked on smart phone and it said "Super 8 Riverwalk" so I had doubts when I pulled off of I-10 not near downtown. We talked to the woman at the desk and she assured us it was only 3 miles or so to the Alamo. I verified that on my GPS and we decided to stay and was glad we did. The room was clean and everything worked but we had some loud rap music next door on the first night and a kid jumping on the floor upstairs on the second.
The a/c really howled when it kicked on at night but there was not much Interstate noise (we were on that side of the building).
Breakfast was typical Super 8 wafffles, etc and no one was there either morning.
It is easy on/off to the Interstate and is just over 3 miles to the Alamo via I-10/I-37.
WiFi was acting up even after i mentioned it to the front desk and he said he would adjust the AP.
The desk staff was friendly and gave us really good advice on taking the hop on/hop off Trolley Tour and visiting the Tower of the Americas.
Whataburger across the street but nothing else nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Super8-15027, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
We want to thank you for taking the time and leaving a review on TripAdvisor. I want to apologize for the music it the next room. Rest assured, if you decide to stay with us again, simply call the front desk, regardless of the time, and bring any issue up that has come up, and we will do our best to address it, especially if it is something which is disturbing you. This is not a common occurrence. We do want to say, I am very glad our front desk was able to assist you with directions regarding downtown. Please feel free, if you decide to stay with us again, to ask the front desk regarding some restaurants outside of downtown within a 3 mile range.