“Best value for the money”

Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area
Ranked #133 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The room size and appliances were good although the a/c was noisy. The staff were exceptional. We had travelled to San Antonio with our main intention to experience the Alamo shrine. Booked a tour through San Antonio Trolley Tour expecting an experience guide but ended up with a woftam. The Super 8 Manager explained how to get the best experience of the shrine and the city. Absolutely spot on. They made our stay in their city one to remember and we will be telling our friends back in Australia. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: single king size bed room provide ample room to move around.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jakeandrobyn
Super8-15027, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
I am so happy to hear you were pleased with our staff. We pride ourselves in customer service. Hopefully, next time your in San Antonio, you'll chose us, once again!
Reynosa, Mexico
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel its located very close to downtown and all attractions Ioved staying there. Pool was clean and service was great. Rooms were clean and a/c was freaking cold. I have no regrets staying there and will defintely stay there again next time I am in San Antonio.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Super8-15027, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thanks so much for taking time to respond regarding our property. Glad to know our location was to your liking and we hope, next time you're going thru San Antonio, you'll pay us another visit!
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Room and hotel was clean and convenient to the highway. The area is run down and is on the bad side of town. In the day its not too bad but things change at night. At the nearest convenience store, all the transactions are done through bullet proof glass with shady people hanging around outside. Didn't see anyone hanging around the motel, but it does make you wonder about how safe your car is going to be. The staff wasn't either friendly or not. The breakfast was standard but I like that it's about $25-30 bucks we don't have to spend and it saves time looking for a restaurant in the morning. If you HAVE to stay in the area this place okay.

Room Tip: Try to park where you can see your car
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Erika A
Super8-15027, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
I read your review of our property and apologize if you felt the store away from the property was not safe. We have several people who have stayed with us and, also, reviewed our property, and security has never really been an issue. I hope you felt that we, on our part, did our job in making you feel safe while staying with us. We our the 24th largest city in the United States, and a heavy tourist spot, so many business go the extra mile to ensure safety, which includes the safety of their customers. The majority of the time, it's preventative thinking, as opposed to reactive to the environment. I hope since your stay with us was a safe one, you would think about staying with us again in the future.
Kyle, Texas
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This is one of the best New Super 8 hotel that I have stayed in while visiting San Antonio it is conveniently located near the downtown area as well as resturants & parks. Every time I travel to San Antonio I like to stay there because Joe Zamora the Assistance General Manager & the Staff is very friendly always polite and they will go out of there way to make sure you are completely satisified with your accommodations. We have stayed at this hotel 5 times within a year & My husband and I have always been able to get the same room we request each time we go to visit it is like our home away from home. The room includes a mini refridge, microwave, coffee pot & hair dryer in it. I usually get up in time to enjoy the continential breakfast with sweet rolls, toast, bagels, cereal, coffee & juices. I definately would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to San Antonio in the future & please rest assure we have never seen any bed bugs or any other insects in our room at any given time we have stayed. My husband & I will be staying there during the Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays while visting family & friends. ( Juliet Washington)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JWprod50
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I found the Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area hotel to be a very nice place and the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and it also had a mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot and a hair dryer in it. There was also a free breakfast which included cereal, sweet rolls, toast and bagels, it was very tasty and came in very handy. Most of all this Super 8 has a very friendly and helpful staff, they were kind enough to give us directions to places and shared with us a very tasty local restaurant to eat at. Would I stay again?.......Absolutely!!!! :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Plainfield,IL
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed here in late June. I just happened to read some of the newer posts since our stay and was quite surprised by a couple, ie, bed bugs and bad location. We did not notice the location was bad and this is something my husband usually takes note of. As far as bed bugs, I guess we were lucky!!?? The room was just average. It could use some sprucing up a bit. The entrance door to our room was pretty dirty. However, the bed was comfortable and the staff were all very nice and helpful. We knew it was not on the Riverwalk so that did not bother us since we had a car. If I were coming back to San Antonio I probably would stay there again sine we did not encounter any problems.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family