“What! Terrific Japanese food in San Antonio!”

Fujiya Japanese Garden Restaurant
Ranked #643 of 4,736 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Yup! Totally unexpected! We've been to all kinds of Japanese restaurants all over the US, this one would be in my top 10. Very few serves yellowtail cheek as an entree, this one does. The make their own ingredients including the vinegar they use for cooking.

The sushi is also very good. Again.. One of a handful that serves black sesame, plum wine and ginger ice cream for desert, we had all three. Yummy!

Definitely a repeat the next time we're in San Antonio.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I was told about this Japanese Restaurant by a friend. He raved about it. Had been visiting them for years. So of course I had to try it!

First visit was back in December. I was visiting before moving here. It was AMAZING!

Second visit was this past January. DELICIOUS yet again. The fish so fresh. Some of the best flavored I've had (and I am a native NY'er where sushi is plentiful!)

Third visit was last week. Needless to say very consistent. I will be there again tonight with a friend. It's become a regular hot spot for me!!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have been to this restuarant on several occasions and have never been disappointed with the service and the quality of the food. Love the sushi. We also love the authentic atmosphere of the facility

Reviewed July 14, 2012

The food was really good and plentiful. I went for pinch and had the bento box of teriyaki chicken. The tempura was excellent, sushi was fresh. However, there were very few people in the restaurant and our waiter was off on cloud 9. Another server actually came and refreshed our beverages. Atmosphere is good, great food, but I hope this waiter has since brushed up on his customer service skills!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was our first time at the place. I will tell you the food was wonderful. The best tasting Japanese food. There is alot of choice for picky eaters.