“Good sushi and fair prices”
Review of Yellowfish Sushi

Yellowfish Sushi
Ranked #452 of 4,629 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Sushi
San Antonio
“Good sushi and fair prices”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Sushi is different, especially the spicy kind with Mexican peppers. I can't handle heat, so I tried the Frushi roll. It has strawberry and kiwi. The blend of sweet and salty is very good and the eight pieces are pretty filling. My partner had the Aerie roll. This roll is a little more spicy, but still tasty. For an appetizer we had the tuna sunomono. The tuna comes in a bed of cucumber and sea weed salad. It is a tad bit spicy, but I was able to handle it. For dessert we had the green tea and plantain bananas. The dessert was good, but not as original as their sushi rolls.
The restaurant itself is small, but with enough seating.

San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Excellent Find!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My girlfriend and I went here on a date night and were really impressed--great food and service. This place went well above and beyond expectations and we're certainly going again.

Visited September 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Not bad... not bad at all...”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was introduced to this restaurant by my wife who had recently enjoyed a lunch there. She spoke highly of the food and as we both love sushi, I decided to give it a go. I will keep my critique on the food as the atmosphere will already have been covered by other raters in previous reviews.
My benchmark includes a few standard rolls. I usually will try one or two and then go for the more unique dishes that could be considered signature. I am not a Hipster Doofus who claims to know all there is to know about culinary art, taste, or even design but I do know what tastes good and everything that I tried was fresh and savory. I particularly enjoyed the Scorpion roll which was amusing in that it was very flavorful and had a sweet sauce on it that reminded me of coconut. I later found out it was the coating of the roll...fried carrots that were shredded... that allowed that flavor hint to evolve.
I enjoyed the price as well and will leave you to your own opinion on the rest. I will probably not go again but only because I don't live close to the location. If it was closer, no problem.

• Visited July 2013