“Great out-of the way family place”
Review of Clear Springs Cafe - CLOSED

Clear Springs Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Reviewed January 26, 2013

It might be hard to find, because it’s off the feeder on hwy 1604, but thats what I like about it. It’s hard to find so it’s where all the locals go, including my family. Good food (it’s all fried, so heads up if you don’t like that), good service, and great atmosphere. Try out the mountain of onion rings.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The food is very good & has good flavor. The seafood taste fresh. Service can be a little slow but they are very busy so I can understand.

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant twice and the food was bad both times. Tonight I think my grilled shrimp was actually spoiled. I sent it back. The broccoli cold. Second plate not any better.

The service was poor. Waitstaff was polite and took the bad meal off our check. Will never visit again.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed in New Braunfels on our way to San Antonio and hadn't had catfish in a while so we tried this based on some local ratings. It's actually in Clear Springs, between New Braunfels and Seguin on Hwy 46. The building dates back to 1869 and is a very popular local spot. It's not fine dining but a very enjoyable, authentic Texas experience.

2  Thank TomRuthWilliams
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We heard the place was great. I don't feel it was that, just ok at best. The onion rings are supposed to be the best. I've had better. All the batter was falling off the rings, basically leaving us with a pile of fried batter after it was all said and done. We mainly ordered chicken fried steaks. It was ok, not bad, but again, had better. The corn and mashed potatoes were good. The wait was long (and it was not busy!)! When we finally got the food, they got it wrong for two of us. He said we ordered the chicken, which I didn't. He wanted to argue the point, basically wanting me just to accept it, which we didn't. He did make it right, just didn't need the small argument. On that note, we probably will choose to spend our $90 somewhere else.