“Nice Setting, Good Food”
Review of Cappyccino's

Cappyccino's
Ranked #288 of 4,622 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Alamo Heights
Description: Upscale Bar & Bistro...with a very extensive bar and food menu.Open Monday through Saturday serving unique soups, salads, sandwiches, burgers & wood fired pizzas. Just 7 minutes from downtown and/or San Antonio International Airport. Cappyccino's is the younger quicker sibling to the famous Cappy's Restaurant next door. Reservations not necessary.
Palm Springs, California
“Nice Setting, Good Food”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Guest of relatives in the San Antionia area, we had a wonderful meal at this restaurant. We would have like to eat outdoors, but it was fully occupied. We were surprised to see so many seafood dishes on the menu. My scallops were deicious. Another family member had the seafood assortment, another sturgeon, and one had steak. We had no complaints. The food was served promptly. For dessert I chose "sticky toffee pudding", a tradional English dessert I was surprised to see it on the menu. The pudding was good, but they drowned it in too much caramel sauce. I would go back again.

• Visited September 2011

San Antonio, Texas
“Trendy Neighborhood, ok! Deli, not so much.”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

The only thing I can really say about this place is that I don't remember anything significant about it. Most places will leave you some kind of indelible impression, and Cappycino's didn't do that for me. While the portion sizes are good, there seems to be a sense of staleness in the air. The only hint of real personality came from other patrons, and who wants to have to strain to hear what's going on at another table, not that it's THAT hard. The tables are literally 2 and 3 feet away from each other.

The two pluses were that the Tea was good and they had a great selection of breads for their sandwiches, however, a few sugar free dessert options wouldn't kill them. Then maybe they could charge less for a glass of tea and refills.

San Antonio, TX
“Greasy spoon in an elite neighborhood, that's it”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

The food was certainly not bad, but wasn't quite good. I had a grilled cheese (they give it a fancier name, I forget). In any case, the bread was too buttery. They called the chips "hand cut chips" and all that means is that they cut the potatoes before deep frying them and then they cover the plate in them to make you feel you are getting a great value when in fact you are just getting a plate of greasy chips with a greasy sandwich and a ton of calories for $8.95. I only had tea, but I noticed every other diner had a bottle of wine, so I think that the food is really just an after thought, even to the customers. I overheard a woman at the next table order "the veggie burger, oh, but without the bun."

San Antonio, Texas
“Cappyccino's; our favorite local Friday night decompression dinner”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

This is basically the burger and a beer version of the Cappy's restaurant next door. While Cappy's (same owners last I checked) has good food and we highly recommend that place as well, we actually preferred Cappyccino's for a few reasons. 1 - The food was good as well, but the prices were lower in general. 2 - The ambiance is more low key and relaxed. 3 - Bar tenders and servers there are great. I absoloutely love their veggie burger which I usually hate at a restaurant. They make fantastic crepes (nutella ones are the best!) and have an extensive drink menu.

1 Thank Vick31
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good local haunt. Friendly service, excellent bartender. Great food available from Cappy's next door.”
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Good local haunt. Ftriendly service, excellent bartender. Great food available from Cappy's next door.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook