“Not bad for a franchise, but they are getting a little lax on the Bonjeur!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: North Central
Neighborhood: North Central
San Antonio, Texas
“Not bad for a franchise, but they are getting a little lax on the Bonjeur!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I love the soup at La Madeleine's! Always perfect with their homemade bread and butter and their mango iced tea. The ambiance is nice. The fireplace in the middle of the restaurant is a nice touch. Maybe a little useless for Texas, but always adds a coziness to any meal.

I travel a lot, and have tried using their free wireless internet, and have never found it to be reliable, so I haven't frequented it as much lately. (Panera Bread's is much more consistent, so I go there when I have to get work done.) Still an ocassional trip to La Madeleine's is a pleasure. Just don't eat their soup too often. It's really high in calories and salt!

Also, my tip for eating there would be to order fresh. I don't really like the food that sits in their hot area for extended periods of time. For a really special treat, try their strawberries Romanoff! YUM! When the strawberries are fresh, this dish is fantastic.

Visited May 2013

“Not good”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Had poached eggs, undercooked (part of the white still clear, sent them back and when i got them the seond time same problem. With coffee and juice it was $14. Dont waste your money.

San Antonio, Texas, United States
“If their Internet was only consistent”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

It really sucks when you come here and their complementary wifi isn't working. I know it is a complementary service, but as a meeting planner when I plan my luncheon meetings here as I can count on the Internet, they lose my business. Sorry, the food will get me in but the internet working consistently will get me to bring more daytime biz!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook