“A great place”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Uptown Broadway
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We discovered Fire Bowl after Fire Wok closed near us. Very similar in menu. You pick your veggies or veggie mix, choose your sauce and protein, and they bring you a bowl of goodness.

Personally, I am a fan of anything with chow fun noodles, but my family like the lo mein noodles. They did not like the peanut sauce, but we have tried the Chinese, teriyaki, ginger wine, and kung pau styles with success.

Would love another location further north!

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

This is our favorite Saturday lunch place in San Antonio for the kids. Incredible food and flavor. Lots to choose from and the kids love it. For the little ones- I recommend chicken teriyaki with ramen noodles and no vegetables (kids won't eat them in stir fry). At least you can get good food while you're there.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Personal favorite. Food is always fresh and tasty, good selection of Chinese dishes at good prices, great location at the Alamo Quarry convenient for informal dining before or after the movies or for take out orders.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

A very nice fusion of asian and contemporary cuisine. I love the flexibility to choose m own veggies and the different sauces.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a busy place on a weekday at noon in the Quarry.
My BW had the Pad Thai with two kinds of noodles, chicken, sprouts, onions, cilantro, and peanuts.
The Pad Thai was very good.
The spicy peanut stir fry was too sweet, they must add lots of sugar. This stir fry comes with chicken, Edamame, baby corn, sprouts, Ramen noodles, and peanuts.
It was watery and needed more chicken.
Overall this is a decent fast oriental food place
that will need further investigation.
After I told the manager about the too sweet stir fry,
he brought over a spicy/sour chicken dish for me to sample. This was tasty. He got so busy I was not able to find out the name of the sample dish.
A good reason to return.