“Great service!”

Ranked #219 of 4,739 Restaurants in San Antonio
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We didn't plan to have burgers, but with it being the day before Mother's Day all of the other nearby restaurants had a long wait. We were glad because we all loved our food. Big burgers, great fried pickles & awesome service!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I went to Sam's Burger Joint specifically to see my favorite band play. It was my first time to visit there and I was very impressed. My first stop was in the restaurant where I had a delicious hamburger with a side salad. There is a full bar and a patio area. The music venue is my favorite kind of venue. It is just the right size for a small intimate show.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

What a great idea - to add a music venue to a burger joint!! For a very fun Friday night we headed to Sam's Burger Joint. Ordered up burgers, tots & beer then got to hear some incredible 70's & 80's music from the band Sky Rocket while enjoying dinner. The restaurant is very casual - but with the music venue and location- folks were dressed from very casual to business attire - as there are many businesses in this area. I had the guacamole burger - which was fantastic. The buns are branded with "Sam's" - what a nice touch for a simple burger joint. I looked at their calendar over the next few months - this burger joint has some great music coming their way. If you are looking for an enjoyable - but not break your wallet kind of evening out - come here! Dinner and a beer - under $15. And $15 cover to listen to the band. I found it to be very reasonable. Forewarning - the burgers are big - if you aren't really hungry - you might want to share one - or forego the tots/fries. The only improvement I could suggest for this place - maybe more staff - they only have a few staff - but they were busting it out. I will be back!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

While you're staying downtown for a visit to the city or just passing through, Sams burger joint is a nice find for a hungry stomach. From their fresh toppings to their grilled buns and delicious sides, it's a great place to stop. On the weekends they usually have a band playing so it's a great place to hang out and enjoy the atmosphere. Parking is the only stickler here, but other than that a great place for a great burger.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Visited with hubs and a friend after a long bike ride on a Sunday evening. Got there about 7 and the place was packed. If you want a 'sit own and be waited on' dinner ...this is not your place. It's a burger joint ...and they use real meat ...yep! Delicious burger ...very large, fresh. Real cut onion rings. Perfect ending for a bunch of weary bikers. Service was kind of slow, though.