“The Restaurant that Always satisfies!”
Review of Alamo Cafe

Alamo Cafe
Ranked #179 of 4,694 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We have been coming to Alamo Cafe for 20 years and each time we are impressed with the quality of the food and the freshness. THanks Alamo Cafe for many wonderful memories and great meals.

There are newer reviews for Alamo Cafe

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Alamo Cafe is where the locals go. They have the best melt in your mouth tortillas in Texas and the murals and pictures on the walls remind you of the old west. Great, great, great.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

As a San Antonian, we normally dine at the one on I-10 but we were over on this part of town. When the hostess seated us, she did not leave us any napkins or eating utensils. When we brought this to the attention of the waiter, he never brought us any utensils either. We had to get them ourselves in order to eat. Normally, small plates are given for the hot tortillas which is the norm for Alamo. When the hot tortillas came, there were no plates given. Tortillas here are extremely hot and a plate is needed - I looked around and other tables did have their small plates. The area we were sitting kept getting a draft for the AC (the napkins on the table would move) and was very uncomfortable. After telling the staff three times, we finally moved to a different table in another section. I think we will be sticking to the one on 1-10. When I dine, I expect some basics like a comfortable atmosphere in temperature, eating utensils and napkins that I don't have to get myself, and plates.

1  Thank WHBSAT
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The first time I ate at the Alamo Cafe was in 1981, when it was San Pedro Avenue, and now is my favorite restaurant in San Antonio. The food was so fresh back then and it is still fresh today. I go to San Antonio about twice a year and I enjoy eating there. I tried the Chicken Chipotle Enchiladas this trip and they are great. I like Alamo Cafe better than the restaurants downtown or at the Market Square.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is a great choice if you're anywhere near the San Antonio Airport. Very good service. I will go back when I'm in the area again.