“Great food and service!!”
Review of Alamo Cafe

Alamo Cafe
Ranked #141 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Carolinas
“Great food and service!!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is a great choice if you're anywhere near the San Antonio Airport. Very good service. I will go back when I'm in the area again.

Visited January 2014

Moorpark, California
“Have the corn tortillas”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

How often do you get homemade tortillas? I ordered the corn, and thought at first that they'd made a mistake. They were a perfect complement to the chicken and vegetable fajitas, which included real vegetables - zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower - besides the standard peppers and onions. Definitely the best choice in this immediate area.

Visited January 2014
Chicago
“Excellent Tortillas”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I love that when you walk in you can see the making the tortillas. As soon as you order they bring you a bunch of tortillas. They were fresh and fabulous. There was a large group of us, and they waitress was awesome. She handled all of us professionally. The dinner was great. My favorite appetizers was the stuff jalapenos... do die for.

• Visited December 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Still on top! ”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

My colleague and I had lunch at Alamo Cafe goday. It has been more than 3 years since I visited. Nevertheless, the place was busy, the staff sat us right away and the table setup was swiftly delivered. We ordered a chimichanga lunch plate and fajitas. Both of us dug in as soon as our plates were at the table. It seemed that we both breathed in our dishes whole! Our waiter kept our drinks topped off every few minutes, removed the used dishes promptly and had our ticket for us in just a few seconds. This place has lost nothing and remains one of my personal favorites in San Antonio!

Dallas, Texas
“Still good after all these years”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Took my family there for an after-holidays get together and this place never lets me down (well...almost). The Chile Relleno is my favorite and the chicken flautas are excellent for anyone wanting a smaller meal. The tortillas are all fresh and hand made, which makes a huge difference in the taste. The place is definitely family friendly and patio seating when the weather is nice is a real treat.
This trip they were out of my favorite flavor of ice cream, but any of the BlueBell flavors are great.

• Visited January 2014