“Trying Too Hard?”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: North Saint Marys
Description: Citrus features an innovative menu in a dramatic setting along the River Walk. Executive Chef and rising star Robbie Nowlin takes you down his personal culinary roadmap, traveling from course to course for an amazing food excursion! Located in downtown San Antonio's theater district only footsteps from the Majestic and Empire Theatres, Citrus is the ideal place to begin an evening on the town. Stop by often our River Walk restaurant menu is continuously updated to reflect the finest and freshest ingredients in season.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Why spoil really good food and caring service with about a million red candles? Looked like (I'd imagine) an opium den. Maybe if I was with my wife and not alone I'd have felt better? Food was really very good: Antelope well presented, beautifully cooked and quality accompanyments, including fresh bread. Service could not have been friendlier.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Enjoyed a great breakfast the morning my boyfriend and I left San Antonio. We stayed at Hotel Valencia, and wanted to make sure to try Citrus before we left. Shout out to Willermo? who was our server. He was excellent and brightened up our morning. Ask to try the different juices! They have a variety of fresh juices that are amazing.

1  Thank Julia P
Reviewed February 7, 2013

It's hard to find a restaurant that's calm on the Riverwalk but also has delicious food - sometimes "calm" can translate into no customers because it's not a good restaurant. But Citrus, in The Valencia Hotel, is beautifully serene with fabulous food. The decor for the whole hotel is "spa-zen-like" and the restaurant mirrors that decor. There is original art on the walls that's for sale, and the restaurant has earned a five-diamond award two years in a row. We loved dessert, and breakfast (eggs Benedict with fried oysters and waffles with fried chicken!), and I'm writing this on their porch overlooking the Riverwalk drinking a fabulous glass of Sangria. The service is as good as the food with all of the staff exceptionally gracious. Water is put on your table in a beautifully decorative bottle - such a nice touch.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Went for a business dinner, and was very impressed with the food. There is great diversity on the menu including game, steaks, and seafood. The sea bass I had was one of the best I have ever tasted. The service did not live up to the food however. Our waiter was serving far too many tables, and was not as attentive as he should have been.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This small but elegant restaurant has a wonderful menu, no matter what meal you come in for. Every time I've been here I have become more adventurous on what I order. Everything is so fantastic. I love the food and the service. Prices are medium to high, but worth it.