“Delicious”
Review of Piatti Restaurant

Piatti Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Piatti Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 4,669 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cross street: Jones Maltsberger St. in Quarry Market Shopping Center
Mexico City, Mexico
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Excellent italian food. A Little bit pricey but they have dinner menú for $20 that includes a salad, a pasta and a tiramisú dessert. The salads are well served and you can choose them from the menu. They have several pastas that you can choose also from the menú and with the dessert (you have only the tiramisú) you fill ok. The best of the pastas is the ravioli in a lemon cream sauce. They are really out of the world. The wine of the house is also very good. This will be my favorite italian restaurant. We went with no reservations and they manage to sit us near the bar.

• Visited September 2013

“Family friendly”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

At first I was worried about how my four children would do in the restaurant and how the staff would react to them. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They brought out pizza dough for the children to play with. Food was great!

• Visited September 2013
Round Rock, Texas
“Excellent Italian food!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Lovely restaurant in The Quarry. My friend and I enjoyed their smaller portions of spaghetti bolognese and ravioli alla limone. The ravioli was tender with a delicate mxture of ricotta and spinach and served in a lemon cream sauce. The sauce was good enough I sopped it up with bread, but it was o. The tart side and might be a little too lemony for most people. My friend said her spaghetti we great, and even small portion was more than enough for one person. We shared to dark chocolate with frangelico butter cream torte. It was dense and very, very rich. Even sharing one piece, we took half of it home. I will definitely return hee!

• Visited July 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“I Want to Give This Place More Stars, But...”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We found this place on my Birthday coming back from the Coast. We were hungry and decided to stop at the Quarry and pick a restaurant there, since there are so many good ones within walking distance.

From the outside, Piatt's looks like that quaint Italian restaurant that could transport you across the ocean to a small village get-away, with memorable food and a romantic atmosphere. We were drawn in.

The small tables outside were the first allure, the inside, beautifully simple, was the second. We were seated and served drinks quickly and the bread arrived shortly after that. We felt we were in for a delightful evening.

Then, the waiter forgot to deliver our salad, and was surprised when he served our food that we asked where it was and equally surprised that we wanted it before the main course. The refreshing of drinks was slow, the check-back was slow. After a good start, we felt like we were there so that the server could turn the table quickly and have us leave as quickly as possible.

My fish was dry, even with a sauce, the serving portions were small. And while my sweetie's Bolgonese sauce was well-seasoned and the pasta well cooked, the rest was quite forgettable. Which is too bad, because the ambiance is not.

I thought maybe we just had hit it on a bad night, so I took my Dad back for lunch a few weeks ago. Pretty much a repeat kind of meal. My Dad's sauce was quite watery, my tomato soup quite mediocre and the service, again was quite forgetful.

Go for a bottle of wine on the patio on a cool evening, eat their bread and get romantic! Maybe that's the best way to enjoy this place? For the price, I'd go somewhere else for dinner.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank TallyHoHoHo
Wimberley, Texas
“Quality slipped”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to Piati and our other meals had been good. But on this Friday, the ahi tuna entree with spinach was not fresh. It was ordered rare, prepared close to rare, but the fish was too dry. The grilled salmon in the salmon salad also was too dry. Don't know if this was a new cook or if the quality of the restaurant has slipped. You don't like to find such a steep falloff in quality from one visit to the next, or pay much for dry fish.

• Visited May 2013