“Do not waste your time.....”

La Fogata Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #99 of 4,642 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: North Central
Description: Founded in 1978, we have been fire-roasting our famous salsa and mixing our legendary margaritas for 35 years, serving an average of 450 guests daily—that’s right, 6,000 (or more) happy diners enjoy the restaurant each week. That’s an amazing feat for a San Antonio Mexican restaurant that started as little more than a taco stand in a former neighborhood Dairy Queen. Our staff is dedicated to your fun! The La Fogata team includes staff members who have been on the serving line since 1978. The same cook has been creating the restaurant’s award-winning salsa for 24 years. In an industry known for its high turnover, even the wait staff includes long-time La Fogata veterans, so Dwight is surrounded by a dedicated team who knows the business and shares his passion for the restaurant.
“Do not waste your time.....”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Do not waste your time there, My family and I would go with Family and Friends and stop going for sometime, then my friend and I went in for a late lunch early Dinner.....
It Sucked, from the Waiter to the Drinks to the food to the Management, The Management even SUCKED!!!! My Friend and I said that we will never go back there again...
Do Not Waste Your Time to Go There You Would do Much More Better to Go To a Restaurant that had Better Food, Waiters and Management!!!!

• Polish first
Fort Worth, Texas
“A good choice off the beaten path”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant is off the beaten path in a city full of restaurants. It's more down-home and relaxed than most. The food is good and the portions are plentiful. The salsa is excellent. Guacamole is prepared at your table. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2013
“The food was way over priced and under delivered in quality.”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've been going to La Fogsta since it's humble beginnings. Over the years they have always maintained there quality and there food was priced right. Gradually, they have raised their prices understandably. However, they have finally lost their mind. Tha cheapest thing on the menu is $10 and bean and cheese nachos are $11.00, REALLY! With 10,0000 Mexican restaurants in SA I believe I've made my last trip to La, We'll bend you over, Fogada!
Other example, Huerfanito Taco plate, 3 taco's with cabbage, beans, avacado, rice and more beans, use to be $6.95, is now $14.00. Maybe they're trying to pay for the
New Parking lot across the street. Who puts water fountains in parking lots? Good luck if you go. Oh, by the way there is a good taco truck right down the street.

1 Thank elmovj
Austin, Texas
“Please let me live in a sea of their MOLE sauce.”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Every time I make a trip to San Antonio, La Fogata is a must. Margaritas are always top notch and I cannot get enough of their mole. You see, I don't like mole, I never eat mole, but at La Fogata my family teases me mercilessly because I won't order anything else. I grew up in San Antonio and hands down this is my favorite Mexican food spot. Just too bad they only have one location. Everything is so fresh and authentic. And the kids love tossing pennies into the fountain to make a wish!

• Visited April 2012
Kissimmee, Florida
“Really good authentic Mexican food in a fun atmosphere that's different from the rest.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Really good Mexican food. Long wait on a Friday night for a large party. Great margaritas but a bit on the expensive side. I did t like the chips or the salsa. The chips seemed store bought rather than freshly made. The salsa was very bland. The ceviche was different from what I'm used to but very good, and the entrees were large and well prepared. I would go here again but maybe on a non weekend when it's not so crowded.

Been to La Fogata Mexican Cuisine? Share your experiences!