“Happy 79th Birthday “Blu””

Bohanan's Prime Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Bohanan's Prime Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 5,053 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Navarro or Saint Mary's
Transit: Bohanan's is located in the center of downtown San Antonio; walking distance from most downtown hotels and conveniently located to city's public transportation.
Description: Bohanan’s fame is founded on sublimely tender prime beef grilled over fragrant mesquite wood. Enjoy extraordinarily delicious Akaushi beef, Chef/Owner Mark Bohanan’s large custom cuts of prime aged corn-fed beef, succulent seafood flown in fresh daily, and spectacular table-side desserts flambé. Imbibe a classic cocktail at the first-floor Bar at Bohanan’s, then join us upstairs for the best steak you’ve ever eaten. Located in a historic building in downtown San Antonio about a block from the River Walk. AAA Four Diamond rating and Wine Spectator’s Best of Award of Excellence.
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

My wife & I was invited to Celebrate one of our dear friend’s 79th birthday. All of the birthday party guest couples were picked up by 2 limousines & chauffered to Bohanans Prime Steak House. This was our very first time going to this restaurant. We were greeted by the valet, matredee, host, hostesses etc. We had an amazing evening. Everyone was so attentive. Menu has great selections. My wife had the red snapper & spinach salad. I had the 12oz rib eye steak & bake potato fully loaded. The food was truly amazing. The steak was juicy & perfectly cooked just the way I like it (medium well). The food, service & atmosphere were truly awesome. I admit the food & drinks are pricey & I personally can’t afford to visit every week, but we are definitely going back on future special occasions.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,559)

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Made our reservation 45mins prior to attending the restaurant. There were a few reservation times/empty tables available on a Wednesday evening.

The main floor bar (lack of) service almost had us walk out the door. We stood at the entrance for a while to be greeted/seated despite no other guests entering the door. We never had our drink order taken(waitresses were either busy or chatting.with each other?). Thankfully, our table was available early and we got summoned upstairs.

We fully expected to pay for quality service, food and an overall dining experience, we received it, just not in the bar.

The complimentary jalapeno/butter on crostinis were sweet and had a small hint of heat. We enjoyed them with our eventual cocktails. Not the best mojito or tinis, especially for the price.

The french onion soup and crab cake were excellent.

We skipped the "View the meats" as we know our beef. We ordered a sirloin and the 16oz ribeye. Both were excellent considering I think I BBQ my own steaks better than anyone. Wonderful taste on both steaks. I'll say it, the best steaks I've ever had.

Why stop there? Side dishes: The sides are pricey and made for two, but we've grown to expect that from fine steak houses. The asparagus and au gratin were tasty. The lobster cream corn was very good.

We passed on dessert, though many tables had the bananas foster and appeared to enjoy the show and treat.

We'd certainly recommend Bohanan's to couples who want to spend a very nice evening enjoying excellent food. The service in the dining room was second to none in all our finer dining experiences.

Ignore the cost, you deserve to eat here!

Reviewed September 7, 2018

We went to Bohanan's to celebrate a business event for a party of six, and it was truly a special evening. The steak was the best I have had--absolutely delicious. All six of us agreed that the food was over the top. We had appetizers of oysters, sashimi, and sweet and spicy bacon--sooo good! Our party enjoyed filets, ribeye, and red snapper. I had a waygu filet. Everyone raved about the steak. To add to it, we had a variety of side dishes--go for the truffle fries! The other sides were delicious too. Our waiter, Fox, was first-rate. He took excellent care of us. The wine list is magnificent and we ended the meal with strawberries imperial (flamed fruit with brown sugar and strawberry liqueur) served with vanilla ice cream. The wonderful ambiance, outstanding service, and fantastic meal made this a very special evening. It was my first visit to Bohanan's and I'm looking forward to next time.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here with friends and Bohanan’s did not disappoint. We started with appetizers and I would definitely recommend the crab cake. My husband ordered it and it was 100% crab with almost no fillers. I had the escargot which were very good but my preference would be to leave off the cheese toppings and keep them simple. We ordered a NY Strip, Filet Mignon, Ribeye and Seabass. They over cooked my medium rare and slightly undercooked the Mediums. The flavor of the meat was very good and the steaks were excellent. The sides were also very good. Overall, a really nice dining experience with no major complaints.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely Fantastic! We went here for my birthday dinner and was very impressed with everything. You wouldn’t know that this restaurant is luxurious and high end as you enter, but as they take you to the second floor (which the actually restaurant is) from the moment they seat you to the end of the meal, all are superb and we were not disappointed. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable of the food. I would recommend this restaurant maybe for a special occasion as it is a bit pricey!