“Excellent food and service”

Bohanan's Prime Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Bohanan's Prime Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 4,671 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Navarro or Saint Mary's
Transit: Bohanan's is located in the center of downtown San Antonio; walking distance from most downtown hotels and conveniently located to city's public transportation.
Description: Bohanan’s fame is founded on sublimely tender prime beef grilled over fragrant mesquite wood. Enjoy extraordinarily delicious Akaushi beef, Chef/Owner Mark Bohanan’s large custom cuts of prime aged corn-fed beef, succulent seafood flown in fresh daily, and spectacular table-side desserts flambé. Imbibe a classic cocktail at the first-floor Bar at Bohanan’s, then join us upstairs for the best steak you’ve ever eaten. Located in a historic building in downtown San Antonio about a block from the River Walk. AAA Four Diamond rating and Wine Spectator’s Best of Award of Excellence.
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The bar is visually appealing and the dining room was elegant. We dined here as a party of four on a Sunday evening and were pleased with the service and food. The appetizer, bread and entrees were very good. The french onion soup and spinach artichoke dip were up there with the best I have had. We wanted to try one of the table side desserts such as cherries jubilee but we were just too full. My only critique would be they could slow down on all of the up selling. I know what I want to order and do not care to hear about two or more things I should order " for the table."

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“not worth the money”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Steak was fantastic. Seafood (crab stuffed shrimp) was terrible, we had to send it back. Waitstaff was understanding and did take it off the bill. But overall, service was not where it should have been for a restaurant of this caliber (reputation). The dining room was open, loud, and not at all cozy. The bar downstairs was MUCH better atmosphere, with good jazz playing. Will not go back to the restaurant, but will go back to the bar.

Springfield, Massachusetts
“Truly an Experience”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Let me first start out by saying that Bohanan's is not a meal...its an experience. Being rated the number 2 steak house in Texas is not a title to mess around with. My boyfriend and I celebrated an anniversary, a birthday, and valentines day all in the same month and this was a perfect treat for both of us. The servers were extremely attentive and friendly without being condescending for such an upscale place. For people not looking to drop some serious money, don't come here! Plan and simple. This is an indulgence, not something you do once a week. Loved every part of our experience. My boyfriend of course has steak as an entree, but I opted for one of the specials: giant prawns! They were amazing! Also, you can really tell judge a place by how happy and accommodating your servers are. All servers should strive for this excellence. Well done.

1 Thank Julia P
Mercersburg, PA
“Exceptional !”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I think this was the finest meal we've had in any restaurant in the U.S. The atmosphere is very upscale without being snooty -- tough to pull off. The servers are extremely attentive and knowledgeable about their menu. Their appetizer was a truly unique spread that I won't try to detail - except who would ever think jalapeno's could be used this creatively. My wife had seafood and I had an Allen Brothers steak. Both were exceptionally cooked. You'll spend $80 per personm but it was one of the highlights of our trip to San Antonio.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Five star service!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and warm customer service, awesome menu, and perfect food! Would definitely return! The atmosphere had an upbeat vibe but wasn't too loud or rushed. Everything was relaxed and comfortable as we enjoyed our meal. I recommend the oysters!