“Truly an Experience”

Bohanan's Prime Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Bohanan's Prime Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 4,784 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Navarro or Saint Mary's
Transit: Bohanan's is located in the center of downtown San Antonio; walking distance from most downtown hotels and conveniently located to city's public transportation.
Description: Bohanan’s fame is founded on sublimely tender prime beef grilled over fragrant mesquite wood. Enjoy extraordinarily delicious Akaushi beef, Chef/Owner Mark Bohanan’s large custom cuts of prime aged corn-fed beef, succulent seafood flown in fresh daily, and spectacular table-side desserts flambé. Imbibe a classic cocktail at the first-floor Bar at Bohanan’s, then join us upstairs for the best steak you’ve ever eaten. Located in a historic building in downtown San Antonio about a block from the River Walk. AAA Four Diamond rating and Wine Spectator’s Best of Award of Excellence.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Let me first start out by saying that Bohanan's is not a meal...its an experience. Being rated the number 2 steak house in Texas is not a title to mess around with. My boyfriend and I celebrated an anniversary, a birthday, and valentines day all in the same month and this was a perfect treat for both of us. The servers were extremely attentive and friendly without being condescending for such an upscale place. For people not looking to drop some serious money, don't come here! Plan and simple. This is an indulgence, not something you do once a week. Loved every part of our experience. My boyfriend of course has steak as an entree, but I opted for one of the specials: giant prawns! They were amazing! Also, you can really tell judge a place by how happy and accommodating your servers are. All servers should strive for this excellence. Well done.

1  Thank Julia P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,451)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I think this was the finest meal we've had in any restaurant in the U.S. The atmosphere is very upscale without being snooty -- tough to pull off. The servers are extremely attentive and knowledgeable about their menu. Their appetizer was a truly unique spread that I won't try to detail - except who would ever think jalapeno's could be used this creatively. My wife had seafood and I had an Allen Brothers steak. Both were exceptionally cooked. You'll spend $80 per personm but it was one of the highlights of our trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and warm customer service, awesome menu, and perfect food! Would definitely return! The atmosphere had an upbeat vibe but wasn't too loud or rushed. Everything was relaxed and comfortable as we enjoyed our meal. I recommend the oysters!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We dined as a group of 7. The staff was very accomodating and the service is what others should strive for. They have a terrific wine list, as well as liquor menu, something for all tastes.
The food was superb. Choices were a little overwhelming, but if you want a killer steak, be prepared to drop $100 each. We shared appies,with a group of 7 we were able to sample many. All were outstanding.
This is a for sure don't miss restaurant in San Antonio.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We just arrived in San Antonio, dropped off our bags and went looking for lunch. We ended up at Bohanan's as it is supposed to be a really good steakhouse. As it was lunch, we wanted lighter fare so my husband and I shared the fish tacos and the crab blt. Both were fabulous! The snapper in the tacos was fresh and superb and the flavoring was first rate. The bacon in the blt comes from a special Japanese pig and was delicious. There was tons of pure crab as well. My husband had a glass or two of the house wine which was surprisingly good. My son had the frito pie which was really good. My daughter had a cheeseburger with chipotle mayonnaise which was also great. Even the lemonade, made from fresh lemons was tasty. The service was excellent and all the staff was extremely friendly. I only hope the rest of our dining experiences this trip meet up to this one.