“Unspectacular food.”

Zinc Bistro and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Zinc Bistro and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Commerce
Description: Our chefs have painstakingly created a menu of wine-friendly fare consisting of old world hors d'oeuvres and regionally inspired tapas. From baked Texas goat cheese with kalamata olives to fresh chocolate covered strawberries, the menu caters to the diversity of the food enthusiasts. Charles Court, at the rear of Zinc, is a truly serene gathering place for a rare outdoor experience. The private, spacious courtyard makes for a quiet sanctuary from the clatter of downtown city streets and the Riverwalk.
San Antonio, Texas
“Unspectacular food.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I went during Culinaria Week on Saturday evening. We love this week in San Antonio and frequent as many restaurants that participate as possible. I love the ambience of this restaurant and bar. Both outdoors and inside are very inviting. It's an old building and the old has been incorporated into the new in this restaurant. Tin ceiling tiles and old brick walls plus the décor are really nice. The service was very good. The wine list is also exceptional. My wife had the halibut and I had the strip steak. While flavorful, both came cold. That in itself left us extremely disappointed especially after paying over $100. Outback has better steaks and Red Lobster better seafood. I struggled to give it an average rating.

1 Thank David G

“My boyfriend loved it...I did too!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a cute little spot downtown. The bar area is lively and the dining area is spacious. The decor is artistic and the food is fabulous! I'm very impressed with the large wine selection :) our waiter was pleasant...we both had the chicken pasta it was a little spicy for me but very flavorful!

“Great neighborhood place!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We wanted great food that was not along the restaurant tourist trap of the River walk. Zinc was just the place. Great comfort food, wine and cocktails.

Oh! The guacamole is the best I've ever had.

I highly recommend this restaurant.

“Delightful Lunch!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

A beautiful courtyard with lovely plants, sculptures, and fountains. Selection of food is inviting and delicious. Servers are welcoming. The environment is fresh and delighting. The temperature is agreeable even on hot July and August afternoons. Indeed Zinc is an oasis within the city!

Argyle, Texas
“Could have been great!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I liked this place. It has a nice feel and it's close to the Riverwalk but a little removed from the crowds. Our shared plate was good and so were our drinks. There was a mixup, however, in the drinks we ordered and the ones we got. The server was not rude but indicated that it was our fault. Apparently when I said I wanted the cactus margarita, that meant agave, not the prickly pear (for which they are somewhat well known). There was no attempt to rectify the situation. I didn't push it but later I noticed that the only drink on the menu with the word "cactus" in the description was the one I originally wanted, the prickly pear. Bottom line---these drinks are too expensive to not get what you want. We probably will not go back.

1 Thank ILoveTexas