“Don't think twice.”

Zinc Bistro and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Zinc Bistro and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Commerce
Description: Our chefs have painstakingly created a menu of wine-friendly fare consisting of old world hors d'oeuvres and regionally inspired tapas. From baked Texas goat cheese with kalamata olives to fresh chocolate covered strawberries, the menu caters to the diversity of the food enthusiasts. Charles Court, at the rear of Zinc, is a truly serene gathering place for a rare outdoor experience. The private, spacious courtyard makes for a quiet sanctuary from the clatter of downtown city streets and the Riverwalk.
“Don't think twice.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

By recommendation from 4Square reviewers, I ordered the Zinc burger, tableside guacamole and a margarita. Everything was fresh and bursting with flavor. I wish I'd made room for one of their enticing desserts. I'll be returning next time I'm in San Antonio

• Visited June 2013

Windsor Locks, Connecticut
“A MUST”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We loved this restaurant so much we went there twice and we were only in San Antonio 4 days. Don't miss this great, reasonably priced, restaurant if you are in the area. Fabulous!

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Best. Sandwich. I've. Had.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Zinc is on a street off the main restaurant area of the River Walk. We were unsure when we first approached but the price was right so we went inside. The waitress was quick to the table and very knowledgeable about the menu and drink pairings. She also let us know how all of the food was prepared in-house, including the breads, dressings, cheese and desserts (including the whipped cream).I ordered a ham, cheese and tomato sandwich. It came with a salad or soup and terra chips. The salad was dressed lightly and included fresh Granny Smith apple slices, goat cheese, mixed greens and the vinaigrette. It was a great start and I was ready to see what was coming next. The sandwich was the best I have tasted. The bread was fantastic. The ham had a sweet flavor. All of the ingredients mixed well, like the asparagus mixed in the bread and then grilled spears on the sandwich. Some of the chips were spicy and some were sweet. My friend had the Zinc Burger. I tried a bite and it was juicy and crunchy (the Parmesan tuile is still being discussed). We enjoyed everything so much we decided to try dessert. The creme brûlée was cooked perfectly. It was a light creaminess that melted in my mouth with a perfect crunch from the top. The whipped creme and berries added a nice balance. It will be a repeat even on a short trip.

• Visited June 2013
Riyadh
“It seems the waiter forgot us!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

It took forever to have our very simple order: lamb sndwitch, and grilled shrimp?? We noticed that he didn't write our order at all?? We will never ever come again for this resturant.

Edmond, Oklahoma
“Loved this place!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

While in SA for a wedding, I ended every evening at Zinc. Sat in the open courtyard, drank Macallan and smoked cigars with my best friends. This is a great hideout in downtown San Antonio. Shotgun bar with interior seating, the exterior seating for those that want a more private, intimate feel or want to smoke and not offend. Service was excellent and prices reasonable. They have their own well stocked humidor but feel free to bring your own, sit back and relax!