“Riverwalk italian-pricey but tasty”

Paesano's Riverwalk
Reserve with OpenTable
Paesano's Riverwalk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
txyz
“Riverwalk italian-pricey but tasty”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Tried this riverside restaurant on a recent trip to San Antonio. It was a crowded weekend evening but we were seated in a timely manner. The menu was a bit more expensive than was expected but the food was quite good (as was the service)so we left pretty happy. I would recommend it to anyone who is down on the Riverwalk, is not on a budget and wants some good Italian food in a festive outdoor setting.

1 Thank txyz

Houston, Texas
“Handled a large group with aplomb”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The food was very good for standard dishes. Had Eggplant Parmesan over spaghetti noodles. The noodles were perfectly done - flavorful and tender. The eggplant was also as close to perfect as you can get. The wine list was decent, including by the glass selections. Kudos to the restaurant for handling a 20 plus business group with separate checks. They did it and without long delays. Not outstanding or memorable, but a nice place with very very fair prices.

Usa
“Food is poor. Needs new chefs”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Linguine not al dente with taro sauce that lacked taste. Worst dish ever tasted and worst "Italian" style food ever.

1 Thank Talentisageless
Houston, Texas
“Nothing special”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is an ok italian restaurant right on the riverwalk. We ordered shrimp fettuccini and sesame tuna, I asked for no almonds and my order came out with almonds. The waiter was new and you could tell, the atmosphere was fine if you want to sit at the Riverwalk but my boyfriend said that nothing we ate there was better than what I cook at home.

Visited July 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Just wow.....”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I ate on the river walk yesterday expecting the usual tourist trap. However we were delightfully wrong, our server noticed us waiting at the host stand and greeted us as if he owned the restaurant. Immediately coming back with water he offered us what seem to be everything had they had behind the bar including their home crafted raspberry cordial.In the heat all day I settled with water and my husband had a beer. Our server took us on a tour of the menu literally, making it difficult to order.Very refreshing after our last two outtings consisting of poor food and service.He said the Osso Buco was his favorite dish but only to order if your hungry, of course my husband got a to go box...lol. I had the Shrimp Paesano that he mentioned while walking us to the table. I was not a huge fan but it was good.Our server was extremely busy yet very attentive. Another young lady helped him as well and she was sweet, I felt very welcomed.No need to say I'll be back, sadly I don't remember my servers name:-(

2 Thank tamaralichter