“A Great Experience”

Paesano's Riverwalk
Reserve with OpenTable
Paesano's Riverwalk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 4,628 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Neighborhood: Downtown
Houston, Texas
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We gave Paesano's another try and I'm glad we did. We visited in April and it was a mixed experience. This visit was much, much better.

We dined on a Monday night about 8:30 so the place was not crowded at all. We decided to eat inside since it was sticky and hot outside. The atmosphere and the air conditioning were both wonderful.

I noted on the menu that they offered "Giant" Calamari. I was intrigued when the waiter said the rings are three times the size of normal calamari so we decided to try it. Those calamari, which came in strips about the size of steak fries, were perfectly cooked with an excellent texture. The two dipping sauces were perfect. What a great appetizer.

I had the chicken in lemon butter and capers over fettucini and it was quite good. The others at my table enjoyed their entrees as well. Obviously, I made better food choices this time than the last. Based on what my companions ordered, they do very well with seafood dishes.

Our server was knowledgable and attentive. Service was prompt and accurate. The entire experience was relaxed and pleasant.

I should mention that the facility itself is lovely. The courtyard and the riverside patio are very nice. There is an elevator from street level just outside the restaurant if accessibility is an issue. On this trip we took a taxi from the hotel and then walked the river on the way back.

This is a great place for great Italian food. I recommend it.

Seattle, WA
“Great food great service”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Our server, Nick, made our meal special from helpful recommendations to bringing the chef to our table to make sure we were happy with our meal. We were. The food was really good and our meal was relaxing and enjoyable, thanks in large part to Nick's attentive service. We'll be back and ask for Nick again!

• Visited September 2013
“I've received much better and paid far less.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Initially we were excited. The occasion; my wife's birthday. Walking down the stairwell to the restaurant, I felt a little lost. Once inside, the atmosphere seemed pleasant until you looked to the right past the bar. The restaraunt loos like a dim lit mess hall with the kitchen in view. Although the room was relatively empty, the hostess managed to seat us in the center of the restaurant with absolutely no privacy. Being that there were only 2 individuals, obviously a couple, I would expect a little privacy. The waiter seems friendly but throughout service my wife began to feel that he was less then genuine. Yes we are young but that doesn't mean we automatically tip poorly. The meal itself began with the largest calamari I've ever eaten. Size did not make up for the lack of flavor. My wife had the filet mignon wrapped in bacon and I, the chicken Parmesan. Her filet was overlooked and was missing the bacon. My chicken Parmesan was okay but the spaghetti it came with tasted like it came from a cafeteria. The sauce was nothing more than canned tomato sauce. The entire meal was a disappointment and for just under $100, it was far from worth it. When the waiter placed the check on the table, he faced it towards my wife, exposing the amount. I've never seen this done before. Needless to say, the meal was a joke and so was the waitstaff. I'm the type of man that will eat just about anything and not complain but when the service is less then genuine in addition to horrible food, I feel the need to speak up. If you feel like overspending for a poor experience, you may want to consider this restaraunt. On a side note the cocktails were amazing! I would like to tip my hat to the bartender.

Austin, Texas
“Great Light Lunch”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We popped in here for a light lunch - we started with the caprese salad and had salads for mains. All was delicious. The service was great and the waiter went over and above in providing tourist suggestions. We sat outside under a fan - was lovely and cool.

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Nice restaurant, a little pricy!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The waitress offered us a salad but did not tell us they were $8 a piece! The food was good. I had the Baked Ziti. My favorite part of the meal was the Pomegranate Margarita! $11 but it was still really good. Waitress was pleasant with nice atmosphere on the Riverwalk.