“Bolognaise is terrific, Chicken Parmesan excellent, my wife loved the Lasagna”

Paesano's Riverwalk
Reserve with OpenTable
Paesano's Riverwalk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We four intrepid travelers from Providence RI were seeking some good Texas food along the Riverwalk. Someone suggested Paesano's. I'm up for just about anything but "Texas" does not mean talian to me. After some discussion we tried Paesano's. Good Choice! My wife chose the Lasagna, then lamented that she had not ordered spaghetti Bolognaise. I know an order when I hear one so I caught our waitress found that they could indeed serve Bolognaise. It was terrific. It was also, not on the menu. A word to the wise (ASK!). I had chicken parmesan (excellent). The service was quick, the staff affable and the experience pleasant.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had dinner at Paesano's over the weekend and I felt that it was overrated. Pasta dishes were all between $15-$20 and you do not get a salad with this. I splurged and had the Shrimp Paesano, their signature dish. It was good, but not worth $26 when you don't even get a salad with it! We sat under the covered portion of the patio, which was nice. On the River itself they had too many tables set up, diners looked so crammed into their tables.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

As we were trying to have a nice dinner part of a b-day/anniversary week celebration, we decided to spend the night at SA and have it at the Riverwalk. Paesano's sounded as a great choice, and the food was not disapointing at all, not great, but good. Not the same thing about the service. We see now on the reviews that we are not the firts one dealing with a terrible service. This "Levi" guy, as the check stated, gave us a terrible service, very different to the table full of madure ladies smiling at him while ordering wine.

Also, the appetizer was really nothing but that, a three shrimp plate while we waited for our main order taken by a guy that wasn't our waiter.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were so looking forward to enjoying one of our favorite dishes..."Shrimp Paesano". However, we were sorely disappointed in the food and the service at this Riverwalk locale. Our shrimp was overcooked, the butter sauce was sparse and lukewarm. Our friends pizza was unremarkable and could have been frozen before it hit our table. I grew up in SA and have enjoyed dining at Paesano's for over 30 years, however I would not grace the steps of this Riverwalk restaurant again. The Quarry location is still good, as far as I know.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

While right on the river, Paesano's was a bit hard to find. Very low key entrance. We were looking for it, gave up and then happened upon it by accident. There is a lovely patio area for outside eating but we wanted inside, away from the tourists and potential smokers. We ordered the shrimp appetizer, which was delicious and then house salads. The pizza caprese came with a couple of added ingredients at our request and was apparently no trouble. We were quite satisfied, all around. The service was friendly and efficient so all in all, a very nice time. We will probably be back and this time we know where to find them!