“Great food!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tycoon Flats
Ranked #183 of 4,589 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

This place is just about as "local" as you can get! We went there for lunch last week after a friend told us about there great burgers. We were not disappointed! The burgers were thick, juicy, and full of flavor! We also had the fried pickles. They were a little different from your normal, run-of-the-mill fried pickle in that they had a slight sweetness to them. They were great, though!

The only draw back to the place is that they have signs all over warning you to lock your car, hide your valuables, etc. So, as a woman, I probably wouldn't go there alone at night. It was fine for my husband, son, and I for a mid-week lunch though. I didn't feel unsafe until I read the signs, but even afterward (when I started looking around more), everything was okay.

Bottom line: great food, friendly service, nice "local" feel, but maybe check your surroundings if you go there, especially at night).

• Visited February 2012

Spring, Texas
“Fun and Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

If the weather's nice, do go out on the patio. Great burgers, sandwiches and sides; live music (weekends) and friendly vibes. Good place to meet your friends, or maybe make new ones at the community picnic tables. Kid-friendly, too, with games and playground.

“Pretty good burgers.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

We visited Tycoon Flats with a deal from Groupon. I have lived in San Antonio my whole life and had never been. I must say that I was pretty impressed with the quality of the burgers! The burgers were kinda slow coming out, but it was during a busy lunch hour. Taste and quality more than made up for this. We will definitely return in the future.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio, Texas
“Good Food and great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

We went in for an early dinner (around 5pm) - there weren't many people there. I ordered the southwestern chicken panini and had them do half chips and half onion rings on the side. I thought it was delicious - the chicken sandwich was a little spicy (which I like) with lots of yummy flavor, the chips were crunchy and not over-salted and the onion rings were fantastic. My boyfriend ordered the bean burger - unfortunately our sweet but new waitress thought he meant a garden burger so we were a little confused when it arrived. The manager quickly came out and explained that she isn't familiar with a bean burger but they got us a new one quickly but brought him his onion rings and fries to munch on while the fixed it. He said it was a good burger but not the best bean burger in town. The staff was all super friendly and checked in on us.

• Visited September 2011
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Food, Great Music, Great Patio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Daily burger specials are delicious, great salads, and nice beer selection. Live music Wednesdays through Sundays. Fun patio to get friends together.

• Visited July 2011